Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

7-31-11

1:25pm

Worked out in the front yard today.
Trimmed the grass along the sidewalks
and weed whipped other areas.
It sure was hot out even though
we got an early start.
Got the bushes trimmed up.


The yard mowed.
 Daylilies went bye bye.

 The easiest way to cut them down
is to run them over with a mulching mower.
---------------------------------------

Wanted to show you the fruit pleather
that I made yesterday.

Here's today's haul from the garden.
I think next year I would like to
get 12 more large tomato plants
for a total of 24 tomato plants.
I have 12 now.

-----------------------------------

Later on today we want to go to
Big Lots to see if they have the freon
for the truck's ac and look to see if
they have the pool shock for the pool water.


These two items would be considered
Summer or seasonal items so we
will be watching to see if they
start marking them down to make
way for Fall items.  That's the
time to stock up on things for the 
next year and pay only a fraction of the price!

At the moment according to their website
they have- 

pool & accessories marked
30% off.

Select Summer toys 25% to 60% off.

Select Spring & Summer apparel 50% off. 

Summer merchandise like outdoor furniture,
gazebos, benches, tikis, fountains, birdbaths,
cushions, etc. marked 50% off.


----------------------------


Was browsing The Bag ads that come
to your doorstep.


Here's some deals I saw-


Save-A-Lot

Green bell peppers or 
super select cucumbers 3 for $1.00


Aldis


Strawberries 16 oz $1.29
Blueberries pint $1.69
Canteloupe $1.29
Bananas .44 cents pound
4 pound bad chicken wings $6.79

Meijer

Cabbage .39 cents a pound
Skippy peanut butter $1.67


Buy $10 or more in any combination
of Kelloggs products including
Keebler, Sunshine and Eggo,
Get $10 off any 3 packages of
Fruit of the Loom basics for the family
instantly. Limit 1 offer per transaction.


Fruit of the Loom-
$4.99 Women's 8 pair socks
regular or extended sizes.
$3.99 boys or girls 8 pair crew socks.
$5.99 boys 6 pair boxers or 7 crew t-shirts.
$5.99 girls 10 pair underwear


So here's a scenario
when you buy the Kelloggs products.
Buy 3 pkgs of the $3.99 8 pair crew socks
for $11.97 minus $10 savings
makes 3 packs $1.97.


I got lucky last year with this
sale because I found coupons
on packages of socks!
So the kids got a year's supply of socks for FREE!


I'm sure there are coupons for the
Kelloggs products as well.
Kelloggs 
Save $1.00 off 3 boxes of cereal.


I get a 10% discount so the socks would
be $1.78 for me.


Kelloggs products on sale-


Cheez-Its $2.00
Kelloggs Cereal $1.99

At Kroger I found a coupon booklet
for Kelloggs near their seasonal isle where they
are starting to put out school supplies.  
It says Happy New School Year
on the front along with 
over $18 of coupons inside
on the front of the booklet.
Remember when purchasing $10 worth of
Kelloggs products that should mean the
price you spend BEFORE any coupons!!
Some of the coupons in the booklet

which you could use towards your
$10 purchase-


Save $2.00 off one gallon of milk
when you purchase 2 pkgs of Keebler cookies.


Save $1.50 on store brand bread when
you purchase 2 pkgs Kelloggs fruit 
snacks.


Save $2.00 off one gallon of milk
when you purchase 2 Kelloggs Eggo products.


Save $1.50 off fresh fruit when you purchase
2 Kelloggs cereals.


------------------------------------


In today's paper check out
the USA Weekend part.
There is an article in there called
How you can become a Coupon Queen!


I think when the kids go back to 
school I'll start working on 
getting my coupons more organized
and use them much more to
stock up my pantry.



----------------------------------


Took the kids swimming this evening
at Tony's work.  I hope by taking them
swimming from 5-7pm that it wears
them out for bedtime!  Lol.
Also took along a bunch of yard waste like
branches and got rid of them out of our yard.
We stopped by Big Lots and 
they told us that the freon was sold out
at all stores.  Also they didn't seem to
have any pool shock for the pool which
sucked.  I did get a box of Loreal Paris
Dream Blonde hair coloring for $4.
I'm sure this probably runs about $10
at Kroger.


Well all it's almost 10pm and I'm wore out
and about ready for bed.
I didn't go swimming this evening.  Instead
I just soaked up some sun. I did wear
SPF 30 so I didn't get burnt.


-----------------------------------









No comments:

Post a Comment