Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

7-28-11

10:50am

Supposed to be hot and muggy through
the rest of the week.
I still have towels or blankets covering
our windows and the air condition
is at 76 degrees after turning it down
from 77 degrees.
I read at farmers almanac that they are
predicting a warm Fall season.
And for Winter they are saying 
colder than normal with
average precipitation.

------------------------------

12:00pm


This morning's haul from the garden.
When growing cherry tomatoes
you can end up with a ton of tomatoes
you don't know what to do with.
I still had a bowl full of ones from
the other day.
I decided to cut them all in half
and put in the dehydrator.
I also sliced up and put the banana
peppers in there as well.
The early girl tomatoes will
be saved up til I have enough to 
make more salsa.


My dehydrator has 6 trays.
I found it on Freecycle about
7 or so years ago.



--------------------------------------


1:25pm


We are having breakfast for supper
so decided to get a head start on it
by making up some hash browns ahead
of time.
I have a 10 pound bag of potatoes that
are starting to go soft.  I just got them 
last week so don't know if this
hot and humid weather is affecting them or not.


Shredded up about 6-8 small to medium potatoes.
Next take handfuls of shredded potatoes
and squeeze out any water.
My secret to frying potatoes is
using Italian dressing to fry them
in to give them more flavor.
I then diced up half of a large onion 
and put it in the skillet.
I then added the shredded potatoes,
salt, pepper and a couple tablespoons
of parmesan just so I could use up
what was left in the container.
And because I had tomatoes staring
me in the face I diced one of those
up and added it in as well.
 

Two of the kids friends came over inside
to play video games.

Living room is starting to look like a war zone.
And people wonder why I am so exhausted.
 I predict even more kids to
show up as it gets later on in the afternoon.


 ---------------------------------------

1:45pm


I ought to be a fortune teller, lol.
3 more kids just showed up.
Add in the 2 that was here along
with my 2 and that's 7 kids.
Let's just say they are outside
and won't be allowed in the house!

Now all I need is truck driver neighbor
to come over with his 3 kids
so that they can swim in the pool.
I've already told him that in order for
his kids to swim in our pool he needs
to be here with them.


You sure they all can't start back
to school next week???????

 2:25pm

Time to go outside and remind
everyone what the pool rules are.
I just don't think this was allowed, ahhhhh!
Gotta set the rules and stay firm
about them or else they'll all
get out of control!
This is why I can't seem to get
enough done around here when
I constantly have to poke my head
out the door to see what everyone is doing!
They are ALWAYS monitored!

I look at it this way-
Kids can come to our house to play
and hang out within reason
under the carport in the shade.  
I feel like they stay out of trouble that way.
I can keep an eye on them unlike
some parents around here that don't
seem to care where their kids are at
or what they are doing.


-------------------------------------


7:30pm


Made a run to Kroger to get some pop, milk
and bread along with a couple mark down things
that will hopefully
last through most of next week.
I just thought that the first of the month is
coming up soon and that's not a favorite
time of mine to be in the store with
the rest of the crowd with food stamps.


Mark downs I found-


2 bottles of Kraft BBQ  sauce- .69 cents each


3 cans of frozen Seneca 100% apple juice-
$1.00 each

Deals with coupons-



Diet Sunkist 2 liters of pop on sale
for $1.00.  I had found $1.00 off 2 coupons
at Speedway earlier this week.
It made the 2 liters .50 cents each.
I bought 6 bottles since they 
only allow 3 identical coupons at this Kroger.


Oh, and Jonathan found a Kroger coupon
on the floor at the store for a free bag
of Lays.  Those would have cost $4.29
and we got them FREE!


-----------------------------------


Dehydrated cherry tomatoes
& banana peppers.
I'll bag then up and put in the freezer.
By dehydrating fruits and veggies
you can preserve food and it
takes up less space in your freezer.
To rehydrate you can soak them in 
water or add to soups.



I also decided to cut down the
overgrown zucchini plant
in the front yard.  It should of started
producing zucchinis by now.
So I got rid of the eyesore. 

No one believed me that it was one plant
so I had Jonathan video tape
me hauling it to the yard waste pile.


-------------------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment