Search This Blog

Saturday, July 2, 2011

7-2-11

1:00pm

Went down to mom's this morning.
The same Insight cable man came to
their house to check lines and start
getting them into all digital mode.
They won't be charged the $25 installation fee
either!  Along with our new digital
converter boxes we'll also be getting
an additional DVR box for the same
price of $7.00 for all.  Cable man said
it doesn't matter if you have a newer LCD
flat screen tv with the digital converter
built in them, Insight says you still need a 
converter box on it!  Doesn't make sense!
Wow didn't require that you had to have
a converter box on a newer tv that
had one already in it.  That was one reason why
we went out and purchase another LCD TV
for our bedroom.  And Wow didn't
require that an additional tv have a dvr on it.
I asked if it was necessary to have the 
extra DVR on another tv or could we do without
it and any extra charges.  
Cable man said it was all part of
them going all digital.
Trying to keep up with the times
is getting really confusing!
To me something isn't making sense.

-------------------------------------

 When making breakfast this morning
I thought of this next tip.
Instead of buying expensive cans
of cooking spray, which are probably
filled with more air than oil,
why not buy a bottle of oil and fill
a spray bottle and use that instead.
I think a $2.50 (on sale) bottle of cooking oil
would last a lot longer than a 
can of $2- $4 cooking spray!

 --------------------------------------

 I hate the first of the month and
paying bills!
The mailman was so kind to bring
me another 3 doctor bills today, grrr.
In the past month alone 
I have shelled out a little over
$941 in doctor bills.
And today I have to pay another
$473!!
And I'm sure more are lingering
that still need paid off or
will be coming from recent 
doctor's visits.
I still have 2 years and 8 months
til Tony's hospital bill is paid off.
Once I get ahead with the rest of
the doctor bills I'd like to send the
hospital bill a little more each
month to get it paid off sooner.
I'm so tired of seeing doctor bills
I could just scream!
But I'm paying them off the best
I can to keep them off our backs.
It's still expensive with having
medical insurance.

-----------------------------------

1:35pm

Well I might go color my hair,
meaning to color it myself.
A couple weeks ago I did it
a light golden brown and you couldn't
tell I colored it.  And it sure did not cover
any gray hairs I had even though the box
said it would. This time around
I got an ultra light ash blonde.
If you should have any red undertones
in your hair color and want to go
to blonde then I suggest using
hair colors that say neutral or ash
in the color names.  This should
keep the red tones from coming through
in your new hair color or having
orangy tones.

--------------------------------

2:15pm

Doc just called Tony with results
from the chest Xray.  
He says he doesn't have pneumonia anymore
but there is still something showing
up on his left lung.  
We should
really get the xray that was done
at Urgent Care so the doc can see
it to compare theirs and his.
Maybe we'll stop in there today
when going to get his prescription
since it's close by.
Maybe he hasn't had pneumonia
and has something else.
Maybe he did have pneumonia
at first but it has now developed into
something else.  
Who knows at the moment.
I think doc wants him to get
a cat scan and will probably schedule
it when he goes back this Thursday
for another follow up visit.
Doc did call in a prescription inhaler
for him because at times it gets
difficult for him to breath. 

 We'll get ready to leave for Kroger's
once my hair gets done.
I've got another 30 minutes to go.
For light blonde hair coloring
it takes longer to develop on hair,
up to 45 minutes.

So while we're waiting I'll
post before photos-


---------------------------------------

3:15pm




---------------------------------


10:30pm


We had a friend of ours stop by today
we hadn't seen in awhile.  He used
to work with me and Tony
12+ years ago.  Then a couple other
neighbors came out to gab.


Kids are currently down the street
at their friends house watching fireworks
and me and Tony are planted in front
of the TV watching the NASCAR race.


Earlier today we went out and got
Tony's prescription and stopped
by Urgent Care to pick up x rays.
They put Tony's  x rays on a cd.
That was a first for us.
I was able to view it on the computer
before taking to the doctor's Thursday.



No comments:

Post a Comment