Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

7-27-11

9:00am

This morning Jonathan found a fuzzy, 
yellow, caterpillar.
 After a little research I found this 
 Creepy looking!

-------------------------------------

9:15am
Still working on trying to remove
a wart on Jonathan's palm.
We tried the freeze off method and that
did nothing!  I have recently got
a Kroger brand of Compound W
and are trying that route.
I think it was just under $4 for .5 fl ounce bottle.
Compound W runs about $8- $9 a bottle.
This whole thing is grossing me out
and makes me queasy!  So the faster
I can try to get rid of it the better!

---------------------------------

I made salsa for the first time today.
It turned out pretty good.

To peel tomatoes-

With knife make criss cross incissions
on both ends of tomato.
Fill a saucepan with water and boil.
Set up a bowl of ice water next to it,
a bowl for tomato peels and
a bowl for your peeled tomatoes.



Place a cut tomato into the boiling
for 10-12 seconds.  


Remove and plunge immediately
into the ice water.


Peel tomato where you sliced it
at each end.
 It was so easy Jonathan was doing it.

Peeled bowl of tomatoes from garden.
Next slice each tomato into fours.
Run knife along insides to remove seeds.
Then cut into pieces.




Put all diced up tomatoes into a pot
and stir in a packet of Ball's salsa mix.
Boil 5 minutes.

I also put in chopped green bell peppers,
onions, celery, some tomato juice and hot sauce.


Allow to cool and either can
or put into freezer containers like I did.

Then visit with friend's grandbaby.
Ain't she cute!

And that's about all I've
gotten accomplished for today.


--------------------------------


This evening we went to Kmart.
Tony needed another pair of shoes
because his was starting to get holes
in the bottoms of them.
We sure get our money's worth out of
shoes around here.
Anyways I thought we were getting
a good deal because I saw the buy 1
get 1 50% off signs around the shoes.
Since I was getting Tony a pair
I thought I get a pair for Jonathan
to put back for back to school.
Jonathan's pair was originally
$30 marked down to $22.
I was hoping to get them for
1/2 off at $11.  
Well they didn't ring up for 1/2 off
which kind of made me mad.
It would have been nice if
they had it clearly marked on the
buy 1 get 1 50% off sign that
the clearance items didn't qualify
for the discount.
Now I'm thinking about going back to
Kmart and returning his shoes to see
if I could get a pair that qualifies
for the 50% off.
That would mean I could get him
a $30 pair of shoes for $15
and save $7 compared to the 
pair he got tonight.


---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment