Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

7-3-11

11:00am

Got up and went down to the twin
drive-in flea market on the South end
this morning from 9-10am.
Not as much vendors there considering
it's a holiday weekend.
Christopher got 4 Car Craft magazines 
for .20 cents for all.
I got Tony 2 Matchbox type cars
that were Trans Ams to add to our collection.
They were .25 cents each.
Here's just some of the collection.
I got the light light blue and black
car to the left of the blue one today.
I buy them in any condition.
Trying to find the 70's and 80's 
cars is a little harder at yard sales
and flea markets.

And I bought an area rug for $5.00.
The lady started out at $8.00.
It's an indoor/outdoor rug.
 I thought it would go well in our living/dining
room with a color like our wall paint
and scrolls on it like our tables.
I'll run over it with the carpet
cleaner when I get a moment
before using it.


Gas on the South end is still $3.65.
Here on the North end it's about $3.59.
Yesterday we stopped in Turkey Hill
and used our Kroger card and got
gas for $3.07 a gallon.
So by using the Kroger card saved
us .50 cents a gallon!

------------------------------------

I have been doing some research on
Insights web site about the digital upgrade.
The only information I found at the moment
was about when they upgraded to all digital
in Kentucky/Indiana recently.  I wouldn't think
it would be any different here.


So here is what I found out about 
the Kentucky customers.
Upgrade is free.
There was no installation charge of $25
because you got online and ordered 
the boxes you needed and you installed
them yourself.
There was no extra monthly fee of $7.
You only need the converter boxes on
the older tv's without the digital tuners
built in them.
And nowhere did I see that you
were required to have another
DVR box.
But like I said this was for Kentucky
and some areas of Indiana.
Kentucky digital Upgrade #1.
Kentucky Digital Upgrade #2.
Indiana Upgrade. 

I'll keep you updated when I find out things
because to me something just doesn't
sound right or make sense!


-----------------------------------------


6:00pm


We spent most of the afternoon cleaning
more of the carport off and going through
outdoor cabinets and getting rid of things.
The kids swam in the pool most of the
afternoon.


Tomorrow morning we would like to
get up about 6:30am and take the kids fishing.
I've got ham slices, cheese, mayo and
bread to take along and make
sandwiches with along with chips.


We had to stop by Kroger this eve to
pick up some Big K canned pop
and some ice to take with us tomorrow.
This was University Plaza Kroger.
They changed all their checkouts
since the last time we were in there.
They no longer have any regular checkouts.
Now at this Kroger there is nothing
but U-Scan checkout lanes.
I prefer checkouts that have cashiers
attending them when I have a bunch of stuff.


I found these mark downs at Kroger-


Kraft Mayo for $1.00
I grabbed 4 bottles at that price.
They were normally $5.49 each!!


1 pound cubed ham $2.89.
Was $4.89.
Will use some of this for potato soup.
The other day when we were at Henderson
Rd Kroger we couldn't find any potatoes!
So today I found them at Univervisty Plaza.

Helluva Good buffalo wing chip dip $1.00.

was  ?
1.5 pounds Ranch chip dip $1.89.
Was  ?
And two gallons 1% milk $2.00 each.
Was $2.89 each.

----------------------------------

We also stopped in Auto Zone.
Last year our air condition in the suburban
worked excellent but now it blows
lukewarm air.
We splurged and got a large can of
freon with sealant in it.
It's supposed to repair any leaks
if there are any in air conditioner's lines.
The can also has the hose and guage
to be able to put it in yourself.
The stuff wasn't cheap but I'm sure
it was a lot cheaper than taking
to a repair shop.
It cost $35.00 so hoping and praying
the air condition starts working
so we can drive it in this stupid, hot weather.
If not I don't know how we're going to
haul the stuff out of here that I need
weeded out or how we're going to
go find stuff during the college move outs.


----------------------------------


I did tinker with making a couple
jelly bean cupcakes today.


Hand.
One regular cupcake frosted on top and sides.
Circus peanut fingers with jelly bean finger nails.


Foot.


Foot with ankle.
I decided to jazz up the above cupcake some.
Place a regular cupcake and
a mini cupcake side-by-side, frost top and sides.
Then frost another mini cupcake on top and sides
and stack on the other mini cupcake for ankle.
Add circus peanut toes.  Add
a whole jelly bean for big toe
and half jelly beans for other toes.
This would be cool for a Halloween party!


------------------------------------


10:50pm


Well doesn't look like we'll be going
fishing tomorrow.  We tried to put more
refrigerant in the truck.   It seems to take
it and reads the correct pounds on the guage
but the compressor doesn't want to kick on.
It does turn by hand so it's not froze up.
We checked all fuses which were fine
and even tried to get the compressor to
reboot by unhooking battery cables
and then hooking them back up again
right before filling.  We ran the truck
while filling and blowers
were on full speed. (front and back)
And lastly checked to see if juice was
getting to it with a voltage meter.


--------------------------------------





No comments:

Post a Comment