Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

7-10-11

12:00pm

Everyone slept in today til 11:00am
or a little later.  We were so tired!

I got a couple pork kebabs in the
crock for supper.  I put in a little water
with Italian dressing and a smidgen 
of soy sauce then seasoned with salt,
pepper and McCormick's gourmet burger
seasoning.  I've got the crock on low so will
let it cook for about 4 hours.
Then will remove from crock and fry/grill
up in a skillet.

Today I want to work on getting more
laundry done and work on baking
some banana bar cookies.

-------------------------------

12:50pm


Got all the veggies watered and picked a few.
My banana peppers have many blooms on them
so decided to go ahead and pick the larger
peppers so the others would produce.
I also had a handful of yellow wax
beans.  I actually had a raspberry
from the raspberry bush.  It isn't very big
yet but I figure it needs time to allow
it to get established in our yard since it's
only a baby.
We also had our first sweet 100 cherry tomato
yesterday and Tony ate that as soon as he
picked it.
I plan to get a jar of sliced
banana peppers from the store.
Once we use those up I want
to use the juice to soak my 
banana pepper slices in from the garden.


--------------------------------------


1:30pm


As much as I don't even want to think
about, let alone talk about, bicycles
I wanted to tell you about Jonathan's
profit he made.
He had bought a Harrow bike from
the flea market this year for $5
and just yesterday turned around and
sold it for $40!  A $35 profit!
I would not allow the just the kids themselves
to make the deal and transaction.
I made sure a parent came over
with this child wanting to purchase
the bike.  I wanted the parent around
to look over the bike and see
what their child was buying and approve
of it first!  I don't want any more problems
involving bicycles!!


So now Jonathan has found a better
bicycle on Craigslist.  The person wants
$50 for it but Tony talked to the person
and told him Jonathan only had $40
would he take that and they said they would.

I told Jonathan he had better lock it

up in the shed when not in use
because the BMX style bikes
are the rage in our neighborhood
for being stolen.  He also has
a bicycle chain & lock to lock it up
while at friends homes.


So here in a bit we're heading to
Henerson Rd. Kroger to do some
grocery shopping for the week
and then will head over to Hilliard
to look at the bike.


---------------------------------


4:30pm


Back home with the bicycle and groceries.
Boy is it hot out there!
The car's temperature gauge said
it was 92-93 degrees out! YUCK!


Had a bunch of neighborhood kids over
checking out Jonathan's new bike.
They watched me take several pictures
of it of any identifying marks.
Plus I wrote down the serial number.


Trouble maker kid was over here
as well.  He thinks I'm nice to him
BUT the whole plan is to watch
him like a hawk and get any
information about him or other kids
that I can.  Kind of like
undercover work.


Anyways the one bike he's been riding,
people have been saying it's possibly a stolen
bike.  It might possibly be the second bike
this other kid is still missing.


Well trouble maker was riding his
bike and it broke.  He came over to our
house with it and turned it upside
down for us to check it out.
So sneaky me pretended to check it
out and at the same time got most
of the serial number off it
and even took my thumb nail and
scratched off a little of the spray
paint to see what color it originally was.
No one was none the wiser
as to what I was up to!!


So now I guess I wait and see
if this other parent really has
the serial numbers off their bicycles
or if they were just threatening
people by saying they did.


---------------------------------


7:00pm


Just finished eating supper.
We had pork kebabs and
sweet corn and for dessert
had homemade banana bars.



--------------------------------------


Here's the deals I got at Kroger today.
Not the greatest on some but not
full price either.  With grocery prices
going up I've had to increase my grocery
budget as well.
I also got 3 packs of Skittles
and 3 packs of Starbursts for free with coupons.

Yesterday at the Speedway on
Morse Rd. I found coupons for
$1.00 off 2 Nestle Crunch bars
and free Dasani water when you
buy 2 Twizzler candies.
So will wait for those to go on sale first.


Henderson Rd. Kroger actually had marked down
bananas.  Very rare to see at this Kroger.


-----------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment