Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

7-30-11

12:50pm

Got up around 9am and we headed
out looking for yard sales which sucked.
I got 2 things-
scented candle .75 cents
Digital Talking Thermometer .50 cents.
We can use this to monitor the
air condition temps coming out of the vents,
test the temperature of the pool or
heck even do some ghost hunting, lol.
We never made it down to Grove Port's
U Wrench it junk yard to get a car battery.
We did a little research and found
a battery place called Foster's Batteries
@ 965 Shrock Rd across from
the Busch factory.
The sell used car batteries with
a 1 year warranty for $32 and
that included tax!
You do need a core battery though
to turn in.

We asked the guy if he worked on cars
and had him take a look at our
air conditioner to see what might
be wrong with it.  He told us a
way to check to see if the clutch is still
good.  You take off the wire connectors
on the top of the clutch thingy and put
two wires in it to see if it will kick start
it to come on.  If it comes on the clutch
is still good. 

All I know is that this morning to noon
we drove around in a hot ass truck
and I was so glad to be back home
in the air condition!!

In the mail today I got a free coupon
for a FREE Pantene shampoo or conditioner
up to $4.99.

------------------------------------

1:15pm

Had a guy stop by to check out
the Trans Am and Charger for sale.
I don't get any hopes up til cash is in hand.
We still need to put the battery
in the car that we just got and the
guy said to call him later on after
we put it in so he could hear it run.
Like I said I ain't getting hopes up
on this sale as the guy pulled up
in a full sized older van and had to 
climb in through the back doors
of the van to get to the driver's seat, lol.


--------------------------

Here was a question I was asked
the other day-
What store do I think is the cheapest
to shop at?
They all have their pros and cons.


For starters I will say that I don't like
to shop for groceries at Walmart.
The reason is because they don't offer
double coupons and I think their
grocery prices are like anywhere else.


So it came down to Kroger and Meijers.


I like Krogers because of their markdowns
aka manager specials.  I can get the best
prices on meats, breads, some produce
and dairy items when marked down.
I don't care for Krogers sales of
buy 10 of certain items and get
them for a sales price when you do.
I think they carry the better store
brand of pop when compared to
Meijers or Walmart and cheaper too.
At Kroger you can use your
Kroger Plus Card to earn points
to use for discounted gas so that's a plus.
Kroger also sends you coupons via
snail mail and has electronic coupons
that you can load to your Kroger Plus Card.


Now for Meijers.
They don't require that you have
one of those plastic cards to get
discounted sales prices!
I personally get a 10% employee family
discount on non-grocery items so
that's a plus for myself.
Meijers has a bigger sales ad which
I like compared to Kroger.
I like to shop Meijers for pantry items
which are cheap or either free with
sales combined with coupons.
While I get great deals there I usually
have to visit customer service before
leaving the store to get something corrected
because of an overcharge or them
not taking off coupons.
Meijers usually has a good selection
of mark downs after the holidays
that I stock up on.
Meijers employees seem more friendly
and acknowledge you as you walk
through the store unlike Kroger.
You can find some mark downs at Meijer
if you look really hard.  If their produce
is marked down it's usually not worth
buying and looks like it should have
been thrown away!




The cheapest place to go without
worrying about coupons or sales
is Aldis!  I make special visits
there just to get fresh fruit or veggies
which are much cheaper than the other
stores and taste just as good!
Yeah you have to buy or bring your own bags
and bag your own groceries but it is
so worth it to save so much money.


Walgreens is another store where
you can find good deals if you watch
their flyer.  You can use manufacture
coupons stacked with store coupons
for even better deals.  They also have
what is called register rewards where
you buy certain items and they give
you printed coupons at the register
for money off your next visit to their store.
The only problem I run into with
Walgreens is that they don't stock their
shelves and will be out of sale items
the first day of the sale!
I have gotten rain checks which are nice
but when I go back to get certain
items, I find that they no longer
carry it anymore.


So like I said, I can't pick just one store.
I usually shop all four stores mentioned
above to get the best savings overall.


---------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment