Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

7-24-11

11:20am

Sure is muggy in here at the moment.
I had to have the air conditioner on
80 last night because it was having
a hard time staying at the 77 degrees
I set it at and hovered around 79 degrees
on the thermostat.
So this morning I am trying to set
it to 77 degrees to see if it will go
back down.  And I told everyone we
needed to limit how many times
we went in and out of the house
because it might be what is causing the 
spike in temperature inside.

----------------------------------

12:30pm

Just checked the furnace filter and it
was yucky!  You should check it monthly
when running the furnace or air conditioner.

I made sausage gravy for breakfast but no
biscuits.  There's no way I'm turning 
the oven on!  So instead we used toast.

Everything here lately is getting cooked
on the stove top or crock pot due
to the heat.

I've been scrounging around the pantry
and freezers trying to use stuff up
which of course is running low at the moment
at least in the pantry area.

I found 2 small cans of tomato sauce
and put it in the crock pot with some
Italian seasoning, garlic powder
and a little splenda.  I then sliced up
some smoked Italian sausage
and put in with the tomato sauce.
I'll let it cook this afternoon then
this evening will make up some
rice to serve it over.

-------------------------------------

12:45pm

This is what I was told about air
conditioners-
It takes 1 hour for every degree
of temperature to drop in your home.

It's been an hour and 15 minutes
and our air conditioner has yet to
come off 80 degrees.  
I don't know what else to do and
I live with a maintenance man
that doesn't know either.

We removed the dirty filter,
we've had our air conditioner tuned up,
we keep the windows covered and it
is dark in here, nothing is blocking any vents,
not running ovens, trying to limit
going in and out of the house,
cleaned the ceiling fan and have it on full speed along with 4-5 other regular fans.
I'm at a loss at this time.

We've got to run the dishwasher but
are not putting it on any heat to 
dry the dishes.
I also have laundry to do today
and worry about using the dryer.
I could hang everything outside to dry
but that would mean trips in and out
of the house allowing more heat in.
I decided to wait til another day
to do laundry.

1:17pm

With everything I am doing around here to 
keep it cool, nothing is working to
get the air conditioner any lower.
I keep checking the thermostat and
just now saw that it actually
went from 80 to 81 degrees.

It's 86 degrees out with a heat
index of 96 degrees.

I'm getting worried I am going
to have an outrageous electric
bill with the air conditioner
running what seems like constantly.

2:08pm

Inside temp still reading at 81 degrees.
I put a blanket up over the back
door.  I'm at a loss at this moment.
I asked Tony if he would call his friend
that tuned up the air conditioner to
see what he could do but I guess
he is out on a side job today.

Ok I know I've been rambling a lot.
I am getting stressed out because
I know the electric bill is going to
be stupid and I have doctor bills
to still pay.  One doctor bill is
$1200 and they want paid NOW!!!  
So between those two things
I feel like it's going to put us
into the uncomfortable zone
with our bank account.
Not good with back to school
coming in the near future,
holidays within the next 5 months
and the pantry getting low.

We have a for sale sign on the one
car in the drive way.  When people
stop and ask about it I also tell
them the trailer and another car in the yard
is for sale.  I'm really trying to
push these items at the moment.
So unless I can sell these items
or Tony gets a big bonus in the near
future, I'm gonna be stressed out!!

That's the whole idea of this blog though.
To show you what we go through,
even the stressful times, and how
we try to get through it.

2:35pm

90 and feels like 98 degrees.
I have had enough of this heat wave!!!
And watching the news it doesn't
seem like it's going to get much
better this coming week.

-------------------------------------

This afternoon our air conditioner
was fixed.  We went to Tony's work
and got a set of air condition gauges
and hooked them back up to the air
conditioner.  
 Tony & truck driver neighbor.


Another friend of Tony's
that works with him stopped by
to look over the ac.  Come to find
out the other guy that came over Friday
overcharged the air conditioner 
by about 15 pounds.


The air conditioner is working
wonderfully now and is back
on track and the thermostat
is reading what I set it at.
Thank goodness!!


------------------------------------

9:12pm

Too much excitement around here
this afternoon/evening!


Neighbors that have lived in this
neighborhood since the 50's to 70's
have never seen this before either!

The storm 
Our back yard!!



Drove around our neighborhood.
Everything you see in these videos are
within a couple blocks of our home.

Parts of Cleveland Ave was shut

down and traffic from it was
coming through our neighborhood.
The road where you see a white
SUV turn onto has a church sitting
on the corner.  It was totally flooded out.
I don't know if they were having church
or what at this time but I saw someone
unloading a little row boat to get
people to their cars?
Didn't get the video of that due to traffic.


And to wrap it up we have downed
branches in our yard and flooded
veggies that I'm not sure will
recover from this.
The ones along the fence were in flower
boxes.  I have 2 boxes of banana peppers
that were sitting side-by-side but as you can
see in the video one floated down
the fence some.


10-11:00pm


Took another load of stuff over
to Tony's work that I weeded out
of the basement or off the patio.
It was so nice out at 73 degrees!


12:30am


Goodnight!
Today has wore me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment