Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

7-23-11

11:25am

Me and Tony got up a little after 9
then went outside to tidy up the carport area.
Damien stopped by and I gave him
a haircut.  I had a set of tires that went to
the Lexus we had out under the carport
taking up space.  I ended up giving them
to Damien because they were the exact
same sized tires that were on his car.
I told him Merry Christmas!  Lol.
Used tires seem to be going up so 
I saved him a lot of money by giving him
those tires. 

The kids finally got up around 11am.
We headed over to a church sale not far from
here.  Mom wanted to know if I wanted
to go to it yesterday but I said no because
of the heat and I knew it would be very
crowded.  Today the stuff had been pretty
much picked over.  I spent $3 and
got a USB SD card reader for the computer
for $1.00, a bottle of lavender body spray
for $1.00, 2 bath salt fragrances for
.25 cents each (can use these with espom
salt and make homemade bath salts for people
at Christmas time), a measuring cup for .25 cents
and lastly a matchbox type nascar for .25 cents.

 After the church sale we headed over
to Menards to get more pool shock 
and price downspout gutters.
We need a downspout gutter to put
where the rain barrels used to be.
They cost close to $9.  Pretty cheap to
do it ourselves. 
Mom had a contractor
come out to her house and make a gutter
for the backside of her house and install
it for her for $300!!!
People need to try to do things theirselves
or have a family member or friend do it
for them!  You could save so much money!!
I think I would have figured out how to
piece together 2 gutters for $18
and put it on ourselves before we spent $300!!
I think the 3 sided gutters ran about the
same price.  

Anyways after Menards I took everyone
to Taco Bell.  Their $2.00 meals
went up to $2.25 now, at least at that
Taco Bell. I just didn't feel like coming home
and making lunch today with the heat and all.

------------------------------------

6:15pm

I have spent the entire afternoon outside 
today.  At the moment it is
91 but feels like 101 degrees.
I kept cool by putting my swimsuit
on and getting in the pool
then getting out and putting a swimsuit
cover up on.  I stayed cool for quite
awhile while cleaning off
the carport area.  Looks like a
different carport now, lol.
I'm telling ya I've been working my 
woo hoo off around here trying
to weed out crap.  More than
I've ever done before!


9:00pm

Air conditioner today had a hard time
coming down off 79 degrees so I had
to set the thermostat to 79 to keep
it from running so much.
I think it was from people running
in and out of the house so much today.
Still cringing at the thought of what
our electric bill will be next month.
And hey, August isn't even here yet
and isn't that the hottest month of the year?
Can't wait, ahhhh!


Rain and storms all around us today.
Hasn't rained here yet though.
<sigh>
But the good news is it's 80
and feels like 84 degrees.


-------------------------------------


11:20pm


Got some videos of all the lightning
around us.  I didn't realize just how close
this lightning bolt was til I reviewed
the video and viewed it frame by frame.
What I thought was lightning striking in the distance
behind the tree actually looks like it
struck in front of tree in the front corner
of our yard.  If it had struck behind the tree
in the distance the tree would have
shadowed over it.
Me and the boys were standing at the 
front door with the storm door
open when it happened.  When we saw
the bright flash of the lightning bolt
I had jumped and hit the off button on the camera.
Scared the poopie out of us and I turned around and about knocked Jonathan over and he in turn
about knocked Christopher
over trying to run into the living room.


Lightning flash.
Night turns into day soon after
then a VERY loud rumble.
Needless to say we put the camera
up after that and shut the front door soon after, lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment