Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

7-13-11

11:35am

This has been one of those weeks I haven't
felt like doing much of anything so far.
I have felt drained having to deal with people
in the last week that have made my life
 stressful.

Between a cable man 
who's doing things to scam people to
dealing with us having stolen bicycles with police reports to neighborhood kids who seem to think
I'm a babysitter, a couple parents
who have wrongfully accused us of
stealing their kids bicycles and harassed me
to getting stolen bicycles recovered.

While it seems to be all straightened out,
I'm just flat wore out!  My sleep is all messed up.
I'm having a hard time sleeping at night.
While I am so tired when I go to bed
my mind just seems to race in so many
directions not wanting to shut down
to go to and stay asleep.  I keep waking
up thinking I am hearing noises to find nothing.

Oh and on top of everything my
husband has the on call pager
which that alone is very stressful!
You have to go to bed and at the same
time keep an ear out for any pages.

One guy at Tony's work got fired recently.
While having the on call pager
he wasn't showing up for work
and come to find out he had gotten
into a fight with his landlord
in a trailer park out in Reynoldsburg
and ended up in jail.
This person had come to work last
week to pick up any belongings and turn
in any keys.  He pulled my hubby to
the side and told him he was the
reason he got fired.  Now I have to
reassure my hubby that he was not the
reason that the person got fired.
And because of that and another person
missing work
they've been short two people at
my hubby's work having the remaining
guys work several hours overtime
each day.  

Last week I had to watch over
mom's house also and collect their mail
while they were gone dog sitting
at my brother's house. 
I'm just tired so if I seem like a grouch
here lately those are the reasons why.

------------------------------------

12:35pm


Went out and cleaned the pool filter
and checked on the veggies.
Then I filled the crock with some
boneless pork rib and a bottle
of hickory and honey bbq sauce.
Put on high and will cook til supper time.


I know tomatoes will start ripening soon
so I got out a packet of salsa mix by Ball
and started reading over the directions.
Sounds pretty easy to can salsa.
I think in the beginning of this year all
Krogers was marking down canning
supplies and things of the sort.
I snatched up a bunch of pectin for .79 cents
and salsa mixes for .59 cents.


Here is how to make a can salsa-

Makes 4 (16 ounce) pints or
8 (8 ounce) half pints


You will need-

5- 14.5 ounce cans petite diced tomatoes
OR
4 pounds fresh tomatoes 
(about 12 medium) to yield 9 cups finely diced
And
a 1.3 ounce packet of Ball salsa mix
Optional-
hot sauce or pepper flakes to taste.


Combine tomatoes and contents of 
salsa package in a medium sauce pan.

Heat to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.

You can either allow the mixture to cool
and then place in freezer containers to freeze
OR
Prepare canner, jars and lids 
according to manufactures instructions.
Ladle hot salsa into hot jars leaving
1/2" headspace.  Remove any air bubbles.
Wipe rim.  Center hot lid on jar.
Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
Process in a boiling water canner 
for 35 minutes.



---------------------------------


1:00pm


Well I should probably go work on
more laundry.  I never did finish my laundry
from last week.  Let me tell ya,
kids go through many more clothes
during the Summer months than
the Winter months.  
At least Summer clothing is smaller
so I can fit more into a load.
I haven't been line drying because
I don't have the time so have been
using my dryer this year.
Now when it comes to washing up
all the blankets I will line dry those.


------------------------------------


1:25pm


I just got another statement from WOW cable.
I canceled them almost 3 months ago
and still get monthly statements from them.
It shows I have a balance due of $0, zero!
A month ago I got the same letter
with a balance of minus -$111.00.
In the paragraph below that
it says my account is past due
and if not paid in 10 days will be turned over to a collections agency.
Just does not make sense!
Dealing with cable companies
makes my head spin!

--------------------------------- 

5:05pm

Don't ya hate it when you bring home
fresh produce, especially bananas, and the next
thing you know you have all these
fruit flies.  The flies have laid their
eggs on the fresh produce before being
delivered to the store and they
hatch after you bring them home.
So annoying!!


I am trying to see if I can catch them.
I cut the top off a 2 liter bottle that
would fit on top a glass I had.
You want it to cover the edges of the
glass with no gaps.
In the glass I added red wine vinegar,
sugar and a piece of banana.
Place the pop bottle top on top
the glass uspide down.
I am hoping that the smell from the
banana, sugar and vinegar will
lure them in and they won't be
able to figure out how to get back out.
I have it on a window sill by my sink.

Will keep you updated to see
if this idea works.


------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment