Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

7-14-11

7:45am

I was able to sign up for 5 more free
magazine subscriptions.

3.  Truckin 

The boys and hubby sure do
enjoy all these free magazines I get them.
I started getting Car & Driver
and Road & Track magazines just recently
along with a few others.
So I just want to say they do come free of charge!

------------------------------------

9:35am


Got supper in the crock pot on low.
Threw in a can of beef broth,
can of cream of celery soup,
can of sliced carrots,
a little steak sauce, salt & pepper
and beef stew meat.
Will boil up some rice this evening to serve
the beef stew over.


-----------------------------------


10:50am


Slowly getting back into the groove of things.
Started cleaning my linen/medicine/toiletry closet
and getting it organized more.
Got a load of laundry hung up,
a load in the dryer and a load in the washer.


Taking a short break then will
work on getting the dishwasher loaded
up and going.


------------------------------


12:50pm


Got laundry all switched over
and more loads going.
Hung clothes up in closet.
Got dishes going in dishwasher and
tidied up kitchen.

Lunch is cooking on stove
of spaghettios and hot dogs.
Been trying to use old stock
out of pantry up.  


After lunch I'll check on laundry
then I need to clean out gerbil cage.


Neighbor kids keep knocking at door.
My kids are staying home,
in the house, with me today and possibly tomorrow
since it's yard sale day. Got things to do
before the weekend gets here
and I don't need the aggrivation
of other people's kids hanging out
at my house all day like I'm some kind of
babysitter!

------------------------------------

Another free magazine subscription-


This Old House 
 

 ------------------------------------------

5:00pm


Cool deal, my honey actually doesn't
have to work too late tonight.
But ya gotta remember he still has the pager.
He just turned in his time sheet yesterday
and had 19 hours overtime.
He also told me he has two side jobs lined
up either this weekend or next week
to put brakes on other employees vehicles.
$150 per vehicle x's 2 vehicles = $300.
Not too shabby.
Between overtime and side jobs
will have made an extra $1000
this week on top of his paycheck!
That's good because I still have hospital
bills that need paid.


Well I gotta get back to fixing supper.
Got water boiling for rice.
Then will top with the beef stew stuff.
For me & Tony's I threw in some
fresh sliced mushrooms.

Oh one more thing,
the fruit fly trap seems to be working but
I did one thing different.
I added some saran wrap on top
of the glass and poked a few holes
into the center of it.  They crawl in
and can't figure out how to get back out.
I then take the glass outside 
and pull back the plastic to release
them all.


--------------------------------


Ok this is gonna sound weird
but been thinking about it lately.
Maybe because they had a ghost hunter
marathon on yesterday along with
a brand new season last night :0)
Everyone in this house
seems to be seeing movement
out of their peripheral vision at times
that looks like a small shadow person going
down our hallway, bathroom or into the kitchen area when no actual person is in that area.

I think I may have seen something once
about a week ago.  I always keep the kitchen
stove top light on at night and was in the
living room watching tv in the dark.
I swear out of the corner of my
eye I saw the light from the kitchen
being blocked out for a second or two.
It made me turn my head to look.


Then this past week a couple of
Jonathan's teeny bopper friends
were hanging out underneath our
carport in lawn chairs.
Friends of his that I wouldn't
trust with a 10 foot pole and that
was the reason for me being
around outside when they are here visiting.
I noticed one kept turning around
looking behind him.
I was wondering what he was doing
or looking at because there
was nothing behind him.
I thought maybe a bug was crawling
on him or a fly or bee was buzzing around.
After about the third time of turning
around he said it felt like someone
was standing behind him. Then the other kid
said he felt the same way, like he was
being watched but couldn't explain 
the feeling.


I just thought it was weird.
I told the teeny bopper kids
don't worry, that's
our ghost looking over and protecting us.
Should've seen the look on their faces
after I said that, lol.  I don't think
they stuck around much longer
after that!  Too funny!

I can't seem to figure this shadow
person out.  I don't think anyone has
died in our home.  The last owner
we bought the house from owned
it since the 70's and I haven't heard
any stories about the other owners
before that.  I have a neighbor across
the street that has lived in her house
since it was built, 53 years!


I have been told stories about
an incident that happened maybe a
year before we moved here.
A lady ran the stop sign out at
the corner of our yard.  Not sure
if she struck another vehicle or what
but the car flipped over, she was ejected
and the car landed on top of her
killing her instantly.
So glad we didn't live here then
to witness that!  But anyway
I wonder if her spirit is
still roaming around here.


---------------------------------


7:00pm


Just returned from Kroger because
I needed more pop.


Got a 2 pound 10 ounce container
of whole grain oats for .99 cents.
Was $3.19.

And check out all this candy I got FREE!
My candy coupons were
$1.00 off 2 and the candy was .50 cents each.
I did learn something tonight
about using coupons at Kroger.
(Thanks Extreme Couponing, GRRR!)
You now are only allowed to
use 3 like coupons.
I guess that's better than Meijers
where you can only use 2 like coupons.


--------------------------------------











No comments:

Post a Comment