Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7-19-11

11:00am

Back down to the dungeon I go.
Already wore out just from
carrying 5 boxes/totes of stuff upstairs.

Whoever says housework isn't exercise
is a liar!  Who needs a stair stepping machine
if you have steps in your home.
And who needs weights when you have bags of
groceries to carry and laundry baskets
to lift!  
 
I also started doing more laundry.
This time around it's towels, rags,
sheets and maybe some blankets.

Weather channel says it's 83 but feels like 91.
Starting to feel the humidity in here.
I turned the air down to 74 degrees.
I did have it on 77 overnight
considering the temps went down
to around 75 outside.

Well break time is over.
Time to haul more stuff up and
then out to the truck, ahhh.

--------------------------------

I think for supper tonight we will
have fried rice with a can of stir fry
vegetables mixed in along 
with chicken strips.


I've never made homemade fried rice before
but found step-by-step pictures
and directions HERE.
Doesn't look too hard.
I'll probably make up the rice now
and then refrigerate it til supper time.


A big bag of white rice goes a long
way with stretching meals out.
That's one of the staples I usually
keep in the pantry.


----------------------------


12:35pm

My squirrel friends are back
and are making more messes for
me to clean up!  There was a total
of three squirrels in the yard.


This one here decided to get into
a large flower pot filled with nothing but dirt.  
I give him a 9.5 for his dismount, lol.
The birds and squirrels have both
found my bird food stash!
Need to find a tote with lid
to put it in before they invite
the raccoons!


-------------------------------------


1:00pm



Decided that trying to dry towels
in the dryer wasn't going fast enough
and wouldn't be as energy efficient
at the rate it was going.
Plus don't need any extra heat 
around the house today.
So I started hanging all the towels
outside on the fence.
Yeah I have a lot of towels but you
got to remember I very rarely use
any paper towels.
I use towels as bath rugs, drying wet floors,
bath/shower, swimming pools,
drying & cleaning cars, cleaning around the house, hot seats in the vehicles,
picnics, as hot pads, you name it.
Still have another load in the washer
and another load waiting to be washed.
Then it's onto washing bedding.


-----------------------------------


2:55pm


Got the last of today's boxes hauled
up out of the basement.
Done for today and all the above

should make for a full truckload.
Been working my butt of the last
couple of days.


Weather.com says it's 
89 but feels like 100 degrees.
YUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment