Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

7-12-11

5:00pm

I haven't done much of anything today.
I've been too tired!!

The other day I had wanted to get in
the pool but thought it was too cold
after putting more water in it.
So today I made my own solar cover for it.
We had a roll of clear vinyl sheeting
that we found.  
I unrolled it all then laid it across
the pool.  I wet the sides of the pool
so it would stick in place.
Now I'll let the sun warm it up.

So there's my thrifty, frugal thing
I did for today that cost nothing to make.


And hey if you don't have the vinyl sheeting
try finding some bubble wrap
from packaging or a
clear shower curtain.
Just don't let kids near this plastic
stuff while it's on the pool!!

-----------------------------------

6:00pm


I went to check on my tomatoes.
I noticed I couldn't see them any
longer from the house.  
The storm yesterday had knocked
most of them over bending some stems.
I went out and tied them all up with
string to their fenced cage or one another.
I hope they make it because
I have lots of tomatoes growing or
little babies just starting out.
I did find a early girl tomato
ready to be picked.

6:50pm


Got supper started.
Tonight's a throw together night.
Whatever I have or see I'm throwing
it together, lol, no recipes or 
following directions on any boxes.


I warmed up leftovers from yesterday
for the kids.
Today I threw a couple boxes of pasta mix
together with sauce and tuna fish.


I also have some muffin/cupcakes
in the oven for breakfast tomorrow.
I'll call them Hawaiian Cupcakes.


I used a pineapple cake mix.
Mixed in pineapple juice where
it called for water.  I mashed up
3 ripened bananas and about a cup
of pineapple chunks and beat it
into the batter.
I then made up some streusel topping
with flour, brown sugar, butter,
cinnamon and coconut mixed together.
I put on the tops of the cupcakes
before baking.
Then melted some leftover icing
in the microwave and drizzled
over the tops after removing
from oven.




--------------------------------------


Tony got paged out around 7:30pm.
They have a new thing now at his work
where they got rid of the answering service
to save money.  So now an answering machine
calls out to the person's cell phone that is
on call that week.  I think it's unfair
that while the company saves money
you have to use your own personal
cell phone to be on call.  Not everyone
has unlimited minutes like us.
So every time it calls out to us
it uses minutes up!  I'm hoping in the
near future they get a company cell
phone that employees can use while on call.


I took the kids swimming at Tony's
work while he was out on a page
from 7:50 to 9:00pm.

Around the pools in big planters
the groundsmen plants vegetables each year.
They have tomatoes, zucchini, carrots,
lettuce, strawberries along with other things.
They also have this huge grapevine.
It has many bunches of grapes on it.
The residents are allowed to pick
the veggies and fruit when ripe
and eat while at the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment