Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

7-25-11

8:35am

Water has gone down.
I'm going to show you some before
and after pics.


--------



--------------------------
Morning Glories this morning.


--------------------------------------------

3:25pm


Just been chilling today.
I did start my laundry and got a couple
loads going.


I also got a cake cooking in the crock pot.
I wanted some type of sweet dessert
but didn't want to turn on the oven to make it.


I took a devil's food cake mix
and made it up according to directions,
then put into a sprayed crock pot.
I then mixed up some leftover cream cheese
I had from making stuffed banana peppers,
and added and egg, sugar and vanilla.
I swirled this into the cake batter.
Put crock on high for a couple hours.
Supper is something easy-

Salisbury steak & gravy,
stuffing,
macaroni & cheese.


--------------------------------------


4:00pm


Today's haul of tomatoes from the garden.
Total tomatoes collected over
the past week.
Almost salsa making time!
I'll give the newest ones a couple
more days to ripen first.


------------------------------------


Our neighbor came over with his
three kids and borrowed our pool.
We took our kids over to my hubby's
work to go swimming.


 They had some pretty roses around the pool.

When taking pictures of the roses
I noticed a blackberry bush next to them
with some ripened blackberries on them.
I picked a bunch to take home.
These were some big berries!
I was thinking maybe I could
make some blackberry tea with honey
and or Splenda.  Gotta think diabetic
version here for my honey with no sugar.
I'm not a tea drinker.
Here's a Blackberry Iced Tea recipe.



After the pool we stopped in Kroger
to do our weekly grocery shopping.
We spent $41.
Found a really good deal on
pork loin boneless country style ribs.
1.72 pounds for $2.76
was $9.41
saved $6.65

1.83 pounds for $2.94
was $10.05
saved $7.11

I think these two packages would
very easily make 4 meals.


I priced blackberries while in
Kroger and saw that they were
$2.99 for 6 ounces.  I was just curious
as to how much I saved by picking my own.


--------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment