Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

7-16-11

2:00pm

Spent some of the morning going to yard
sales.  The only thing we bought was
a pool skimmer for $1.00.
They go for around $10 new.
Then Tony got paged out so we went
up to his work.  I let the kids swim
in the pool while he worked.
Then took everyone to McDonalds
for the $4.99 4 cheeseburger and fries deal.
We're now back home til the darn pager
goes off again.   

-----------------------------------

Got the garden area watered.
Found a few more banana peppers
and some early girl tomatoes
along with a few cherry tomatoes
that was ready for picking.


Got all the banana peppers
sliced up and marinating in 
jars.  I'll keep them in the fridge
soaking for weeks so they
can get good and ready to eat.

I put in some juice from the jar of
banana peppers we already had,
added apple cider vinegar, salt,
hot sauce, garlic and a little water
to top the jar off.
Christopher and Tony spent
the afternoon putting together
a Porsche model car that we
got at a church sale Friday.
This church sale we went to
didn't have prices on most things.
Instead you gave a donation
towards the church for the items.


------------------------------------


Wanna know how stressed out I've been lately?
Today I got a letter from the gas
company and they enclosed a
blank check that I sent them!
Totally forgot to even fill out the
check!  Woops!  I ain't in my right mind
anymore.


--------------------------------


10:00pm



Took the kids swimming again this evening
for about 2.5 hours.  Hoping it would
wear them out :0)
Tony had one call while we were
at the pool.  He didn't swim due
to being on call.

We had a visitor swoop in while
the kids were in the pool.
Actually almost got in the pool
if it weren't for the kid scaring her away.


Soaking up some sun.


Started passing time by cloud watching
and watching the sun set.




Stopped by the maintenance shop before
coming home to use the potty.
Of course my one child had to check
a dumpster nearby and here's what he found.
20 gallon hexagon tank with all 
supplies and stand.
I have the same size hexagon aquarium
in our basement that I haven't used in
years.  It didn't have the actual stand,
nor a top with light and all I had
was a hanging filter not the 
canister type.  I used to have it set
up years ago but have since then
put it in storage because back then
the kids were too young to 
have an aquarium around.
They still had bottles back then
and thought it would be fun to
dump milk and everything else
into my aquarium that had no lid.
Needless to say fish died and
I haven't used it for at least
6 years.  I might reconsider
after getting this tonight.
We used to have Gouramis aka
kissing fish in the aquarium.


No comments:

Post a Comment