Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

7-15-11

5:00pm

Me, mom and the kids went to
yard sales this morning.
Here's some things I got.

$5.00  Real painting, not a print or poster.
I got this for my bathroom which is done
in brown and blue colors, the same as the picture.
Nascar jelly jars.
I thought they were neat and had
never seen these before and thought
I would add them to our nascar collection.
These drivers are from the 1970's
like Bobby Allison.  Mark Martin
has been around just as long but is still
racing today.
I paid .25 cents each and they are worth
$5 to $10 each.

CDs .50 cents each.
-Diamond Rio
-The Kinleys
-Genesis Live
-Solitudes, exploring nature with music
I love nature cds, they are so relaxing to
listen to especially at bedtime.
At the moment I have my head phones
on listening to it drowning out
the world around me.
External flash for camera .50 cents
Kill A Watt $2.00 brand new!
Electricity usage monitor.
I've seen these online when checking
out how to cut electricity costs.
These go for $30 at Walmart.
 Some videos on these devices to
show you what it does can
be found on YouTube.

If your electric bill is high this
little device can tell you what
electronic devices are using
the most power and where you need
to cut back.  You can also see what
devices are using phantom power when
plugged in.  Phantom power comes from
things that are plugged in, turned off
and still using some power.


After yard sales mom wanted to stop
in Kroger to get a few things.
I found gallons of milk marked
down to $1.89
And I got 2 starburst, 2 skittles
and 6 crunch candy free again
with more coupons I had.
Slowly getting a candy goodie
bag stash started again :0)


--------------------------------------


8:20pm


Our zucchini plant is getting quite large!
All this is just one plant!
It's been producing lots of blooms
and I just started seeing a few
zucchinis starting to show.
This is from a seed from the bird feeder.
I couldn't imagine if I had bought
a 6 pack of zucchini plants from 
the store.  They would take over my yard! 


Neighbors are always stopping now
to see how my zucchinis are doing, lol.





No comments:

Post a Comment