Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

7-18-11

11:00pm

Gonna be a hot week!
Right now it's 85 degrees but feels like 91 degrees.

Got one of Tony's favorite meals in the crock,
chicken gizzards.  He usually boils them
up in a pot for a couple hours then breads
and fries them up.  I told him I wanted
to try something different today and
put them in the crock pot for several
hours with a can of chicken broth
to see how it turns out.
I'll figure something else out for
supper for me and the kids.
We aren't the chicken gizzard eating
people like he and mom are.

--------------------------------------

11:35am


87 degrees but feels like 93 degrees.


They say in order to have a heat wave
you have to have 3 or more consecutive
days of 90 degrees or more in a row.
I think we'll qualify for that this week!

 Just got the kids breakfast, well
it's more like lunch now considering
the time.  
I'm slowly trying to work my energy
up to go down to the basement and
start cleaning and hauling crap out.


I keep dreaming of one day of having
a rec/family room down there.
It hasn't happened yet in over three years :0(
But we'll see how far we get this Summer
if we put our mind and energy to it.
It'll be a lot of work!


-----------------------------------


12:50pm


So far we brought up a bunch of stuff out
of the basement.  It's enough to
cover my kitchen floor entirely. Getting ready to
take it all out to the truck.
I'm sure it will almost fill the back end of
the Suburban with the 3 row seat out
and one of the seats folded down in
the second row.  There is still two seating
areas for the kids.

In order to weed out things I give myself about
5 seconds to make a decision about items
I run across. I think the more you think
about things the more you would want
to hold onto them.


Not sure when we are going to be able
to take the truck to drop off everything
considering the heat out there
and having no air condition in the truck.
Maybe in the late evenings after dark!
I guess next I'll have to move
some things around on the patio
and bring things up out of the basement
and put them out there under a tarp
or something til we can make runs.


Now time to go play Tetris and
see if I can get all this stuff in the truck
stacked upon one another.
I'm gonna pack it til there's no space
available, lol.


1:15pm


Got everything we hauled up from
the basement into the truck.
I still have some gaps to stuff more
stuff in there.
DAMN is it HOT out there!!!
When making trips out to the truck
I stopped by the pool and dunked
my head in it!!
The air is thick and there is no breeze!
Weather.com says it's
90 degrees and feels like 97 degrees.
I feel sorry for those people who had
to go through 100 degree plus temps
this past week in the mid US!!


-----------------------------


3:00pm


Another 8 large boxes full
and ready to go out of the basement
along with a few large items
like bins, chairs, tvs and so on.


93 degrees out with a heat
index of 101 degrees!
Perfect weather for working
in the basement!


----------------------------------


Fast & easy ice cream.
No ice cream maker needed.
Only a food processor or blender.
From Hillbilly Housewife.

Fast Homemade Ice Cream

  • 2 cups frozen fruit (sliced)
  • 1/2 cup of sugar (or more to taste)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
Put the fruit in your blender or food processor. Add the sugar and a little of the cream and start processing/blending. Keep blending until the fruit is well pureed. Add more cream as needed to get the right consistency. Freeze the mixture for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
I use this recipe quite a bit with bananas in the summer time. Take overripe bananas that are about to go bad and slice them. Put them in the freezer and use them anytime for this simple recipe.
This is delicious with any frozen fruit like:
-strawberries
-peaches
-blueberries
-mango
-raspberries

To make this a healthier recipe
you could try artificial sweetener
instead of sugar and maybe some
yogurt in place of the heavy cream.

---------------------------------

I forgot to mention that when
I went to Kroger yesterday
I got another 6 Crunch candy bars,
3 Starburt candies and 3 pkgs
of Skittles all free with coupons.
Still have many more coupons to use.
I found more of the starburst/skittles
coupons at Speedway Saturday also.

---------------------------------


5:50pm


10TV news just said the heat index
was 104!!
Kids are begging to go swimming
at Tony's work.  Tony said no one was
in any of the pools today that it was that hot out.
We told the kids no not today.
If they really wanted to go swimming
they can jump in the pool in the
backyard.


I made Sweet Italian bread pepperoni pizza
for supper tonight.  Cut up 2 loaves into
4 pieces, topped with bacon ranch dressing,
garlic, pepperoni & shredded casserole cheese.


I stopped working on the basement for
today.  I still have 7 boxes to bring
up but don't have anywhere to put
them at the moment.

------------------------------------




8:15 to 9:15pm


Took advantage of the temperatures
cooling off after the storm
to 75 degrees this evening
and took a load of stuff to Tony's work.
Now I can have a fresh start tomorrow
and fill the truck up again.


Gonna try and go lay down and
relax this evening.  I have a stomach
ache.  Chewed a couple Tums
and that didn't seem to work so
took a hot bath.  That didn't work
either so now need to go sleep it off.



No comments:

Post a Comment