Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

7-11-11

10:50am

I just popped my head out the door
and oh my goodness is the air really
thick and hot already.  
It's 86 but feels like 91 degrees!
We have a heat advisory til
8pm this evening.  The temps
could feel like 100 degrees today.
I have the air condition on 76
with fans blowing,
and compared to what I just felt outside,
it feels pretty darn good in here!
On days like these I worry about
power outages from everyone
using air conditioners.
If that happens you'll find us in
the basement or in the pool.

12:00pm

90 degrees out and feels like 96 degrees.
From weather.com 

1:00pm

91 degrees and feels like 99 degrees out.
Guess where most neighborhood kids are at???
We need to teach these younger generations
what kick stands are used for!


Hubby has the on call pager this week.
If he gets paged out in the evenings
we told the kids we'd take them
over to his work to swim in the
much larger pools.  I'm sure
they are packed today.  Lol, it'll
give the maintenance men something
to look at today, all the women in bikinis.

--------------------------

1:45pm


93 degrees and feels like 101 degrees out!!


---------------------------------


3:00pm


About ready to lose my mind with
6 kids in my house at the moment!


A bunch of kids were over
here in the pool when the storm rolled
through and I had them underneath
the carport because branches were
coming out of the trees and there
was thunder and lightning.
Eventually they all moved inside,
oh goodie, lol.
Rain is letting up so time to kick
them all out before my house
is destroyed and my food disappears!!


Just talked to Tony on the phone and
he said lightning struck one of the
apartment buildings.  Now they are
watching to see if it caused any damage
or will possibly have a fire.




It got dark quick!  Day to night!


Total chaos with a bunch
of boys freaking out!
Now where did I put the ibuprofen!!!!!




3:40pm


Major temperature difference now.
69 degrees and feels like 69 degrees.
A 24 degree difference from earlier!


Time to make supper here soon.
Tony says he'll probably have to work
late.  Time for kids to start finding
their own homes here soon!

------------------------------

4:30pm


Got supper started.
I'm making an easy lasagna.
I have a couple boxes of the
hamburger lasagna mix.
We don't like them so instead
I am using just the pasta out of 
the boxes.  
Boil up the pasta and fry
a pound of sausage.
Drain pasta and add in a can
of 4 cheese spaghetti sauce
and sausage.  Stir in about a 
cup of cottage cheese.
Serve with some 
shredded mozzarella cheese on top.


--------------------------------


8:50pm


Crazy clouds going different directions. 
Watch the upper left corner of
video to see the upper clouds
going to the right.
Then below that you can see
the lower clouds going to the left.


10:20pm



So tired at the moment.
Can't wait for beddy time.
It seemed like a long day.



----------------------------------------


At 4:45pm mom had a cable installation
guy come to her house to install cable
converter boxes and another DVR like
we were told by an Insight person.
They said we HAD to have them in order
for us to keep viewing our channels.
He said Insight was going all digital
and if we didn't have these boxes
on our tv's we would loose all our channels.


Anyways I went down while this installer
was there and questioned him like
I did our installer that showed up Friday.
He pretty much said the whole
thing was a scam as to what
the so called salesman was doing.
He said we DID NOT need the extra
DVR nor did we actually need
the extra digital converter boxes on
ANY tv's!!  The salesman lied to make money
and a sale is what he told us!!


It's 12:00am and as tired as I am I am currently
working on a letter to Insight,
a rough draft.  
Here's what I have so far
and so others can read it and I can
get the word out about the scam
the Insight salesmen are using-
I know why am I writing first instead
of calling and complaining?
I will have everything in writing!!
And hopefully I will get a response in writing
as well.  Personal information like
names, addresses and salesmen
have been left out.


I had a phone call from Insight saying that I had to set up an appointment to have my cable
lines tested.  The caller ID did say Insight on it so I trusted what they were telling me.

On July 1, 2011 I had an Insight person arrive in their personal car between 3-5pm.

He called himself a customer service representative. 
He had an ID and his name was
SALESMAN'S NAME HERE

He so called checked my cable lines

which I thought was odd because I just had my new service connected 2 months before.
Just when I thought that was all he would be doing he then tells me
that Insight is switching to all digital cable and in order to keep receiving my current
cable channels I would need to have digital converter boxes installed on my tv's that
didn't have a DVR box.  He then went on to tell me that I MUST also have an additional
DVR box on another one of my tv's.  He then said it would cost $25 for what he called a truck roll
fee.  Things were not making any sense and I argued with him and he said he would
waive the $25 fee down to $5.41.  And then he told me that Insight will start charging me
$7 for these boxes and DVR each month because of going all digital. 

On July 8th I had an Insight installer person come to my home.  I asked him if it was absolutely

necessary that we had to have the DVR box.  He told me NO!!  He then told me that the
person who came to my door wasn't a customer service representative that it was a salesman!
I did not get the DVR installed and told him to take it back since this other person had lied to us.

I had my service connected 2 month ago and had referred my mother to switch her cable

over to Insight in which she did.  I was told I would get a $25 referral bonus.
It's 2 months later and I still have not received it!  Not sure if this is a SCAM either!

This was for

NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE, ZIP
PHONE NUMBER

My mother, who lives one block from me had the same thing happen to her by the same

so called salesman in disguise!  She also got the phone call from Insight saying
a person would be out to check her lines.
Today, July 11, 2011, a cable installer came to their home around 4:45pm.
I went down there while this installer was there to ask even more questions because this
whole thing wasn't making any sense.  This person was a different installer than the one I had.
He also said she did NOT need the extra DVR let alone the cable converter boxes on their tv
so my mom told him to take back the DVR the salesman installed a week earlier. 
EVEN THE INSTALLER SAID IT WAS A SCAM FOR THE SALESMAN TO MAKE SALES
THIS WAY BY TELLING PEOPLE THEY NEEDED THESE BOXES AND DVR TO KEEP
RECEIVING OUR CABLE CHANNELS!!!!!
HE ALSO STATED THAT THERE
ARE LAWS AGAINST THIS.

She should not even be charged for the week that she had it because this whole thing was a SCAM!!!!!

Telling unknowing people that they had to had these devices hooked up to their tv's or else
they would lose their channels is a SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! 

My mother's address-


NAME

ADDRESS
CITY, STATE, ZIP
PHONE NUMBER

I would like a phone call and an email response regarding this situation
to correct it.  
If not I will be contacting the BBB about what is taking place to make sales.
We are new customers and so far we are not impressed with any of
your sales people who are complete liars!!
Sure I had some problems with my previous cable company WOW
but NEVER did they lie to me.  If this doesn't get resolved then I am
seriously thinking about switching back over to WOW along with my parents
then will get the word out to my neighbors, friends, other family and
possibly news channels about
what is going on.  I researched this type of sales on the internet and found
out we are not the only ones it has happened to, meaning being taking advantage
of seniors and stay at home moms which are none the wiser!! 
You are a company that we should trust and within 2 months time that
has gone out the window.  So now is the time to regain our trust or
we are going elsewhere!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment