Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

7-17-11

1:50pm

We've been cleaning & tidying up the house today.

We had 2 teenagers, brother & sister, come up to our house today and ask if they could
swim in our pool.  Tony told them no.
We had no idea who these people
even were!!

Did you know that Ohio law requires
people who have pools also have a 
fence that is at least 42" high
and a locking gate around the pool?
I do not know if there is a depth requirement
to the pools in order to have a fence around it.
But I would think it would mean any pool
considering people can drown even in
a couple inches of water.

If you don't have a fence and a problem
would occur with your pool and people
getting into without your permission,
you could be sued permission or not!

 ------------------------------------

3:30pm
Had to go out on a call at Tony's work.
Took the kids swimming yet again
but only for a short bit.
I didn't do any swimming but
soaked up a little more sun.
Sure is getting warm out there!
Supposed to be a really yucky and hot
week ahead with heat indexes into the 100 degrees.
I told the kids we would work on
the basement this coming week.
I already took a basket of things
to dump while at Tony's work today.
It's a mess down there and lots
of stuff needs hauled out and gotten rid of!

While cleaning the kitchen I found these
items I forgot to post.
My honey found me two bottles
of dish washing detergent at work.
So far he's found me these two bottles
and 3 boxes of powder for the dishwasher this year.
Slowly getting stocked up :0)

---------------------------------

4:20pm


Just got done giving everyone a hair cut,
both boys and Tony.
Here's the boys after theirs and just before jumping into the shower.


---------------------------------


9:45pm


Been keeping busy today.
Went over to Kroger to get some more pop.
Found these mark downs there-
two 18 ct. pkgs sausage patties $2.00
was $4.99
one pkg cooked chicken strips $2.00
was $4.99.
Also as we were getting ready to get milk
an employee started marking those down as well.
$2.89 a gallon of 2% milk.
We usually drink 1% unless something
else is marked down.

$1.49 chocolate angel food cake.


-----------------------------


This evening we had cheddar brats
and tater rounds, like tater tots but flatter.


For dessert we had slices of chocolate
angel food cake topped with strawberries
I had sliced into a bowl with a little
water, splenda and a small package
of sugar-free jello.

This evening I cut the yard out back.

Sure was hot out.

NW Columbus was 92 degrees according
to the car temperature gauge
and NE was 88 degrees.
Still felt like a sauna considering
we've been driving around in a black Suburban
with no air condition.  It stopped
working earlier this year.


I also started putting my
Kill A Watt meter to use.
I made a list of everything I wanted
to check out in a notebook.
Here is where I will keep track of
how much everything is costing me.
I looked over my electric bill trying to find
a rate and the only thing I could find
was that to get a better deal with another
company it would have to beat 7.3 cents
a KWH.  So I am assuming that is
the rate we are paying.
 .073 cents an hour.

At the moment I just plugged my laptop
into the Kill A Watt meter.
I'll try and leave it be til tomorrow
evening at the same time to
get a reading for a full 24 hours.


Well I am off here and heading to 
bed to watch a little tv before passing out.

---------------------------------------

10:55pm

Remember my ghost stories
I was telling y'all the other day.
Well it seems it happened again.


So much for relaxing and watching tv
in bed.  Christopher came running into the bedroom
with eyes as big as half dollars and couldn't
speak for about a minute.
When I kept asking him what was wrong
he finally came out and told me.
He was still up at the dining table on the computer
in the dark with just the tv on
along with the light from the stove.
He said he got freaked out when he looked
beside him at the table and there was
a black smokey colored fizzy thing that wooshed by
him.  Those are his exact words.
So I'm thinking the shadow figure.
He said it was black like smoke.
I said how would you see something
that's black when you are sitting in the
dark to begin with.  His response
was that it was darker than dark.
It took me a couple moments to even
get up the courage to get out of bed
to go investigate whatever it was that he saw, lol.

So it's 11:35pm and I got out my digital
camera which also records movies.
I did a couple movie recordings
and made sure everything was off other
than the computer screens and kitchen light.
The only sounds I could detect in the recording
were from the air conditioner running,
Jonathan's loud breathing while
he was asleep on the couch
and maybe some little noises while
Christopher was playing on the computer.
So I really didn't find nothing out
of the ordinary with sounds.

So I got to looking over the video itself
to see if I saw anything out of the ordinary.
I was sitting on the couch during the beginning.
Christopher says, I just saw something.
Now the only lights on are from the 
kitchen stove light and computer screens.
I am holding the camera in my right hand 
and aim it towards the dim kitchen light.
I really didn't expect to catch something
but got goose bumps because I think
something actually showed up!!!
Really freaky because I can't explain
what it could be.
It's about 23 seconds after Christopher
says, I just saw something.
He said it was at the beginning of
the hallway before the kitchen entrance.
I captured this black floaty
thing near the kitchen door way soon after.
It doesn't appear to be any pixelation
from the camera as it seems to move
around for a couple seconds.
It's at the 19th second mark and you need
to look at the top and right edge of the 
kitchen door way to see something black
floating around just briefly.
It goes to the 21st second.
I keep looking at it on video and 
can't figure out what it is.
I put the video on pause and put my curser
over the play area line and scroll through
frame by frame.
I can make out the end of the table
that my tv sits on and the blue and white
light from the dvr.  So this black mass
appears between the kitchen doorway
and the tv in the hall.
Click on the 4 arrows in the bottom
left corner to go full screen to see it better.
I ain't saying nothing to Christopher
about what I captured.  He only asked
if I heard anything unusual on the
digital movie and I told him no.
Can't wait to show Tony this video
tomorrow to see what he thinks.


OK it's 12:15am and I'm heading to bed for
the second time.  I'm sure I'll get a good night's
sleep after all this.


--------------------------------------


I worked a little more on the video
and took some still pictures from
it in case it is still difficult to see
what I am talking about when
seeing a black floaty thing that
you can't see through as it blocks out
some of the light when passing by.


This picture shows the kitchen doorway.
This is the regular picture 
with nothing in it.
We're looking at a side by side fridge
with a little light emitting half
way up the doorway from the stove light.
The shadow in front of the fridge is cast
from the tv stand.  There are
shadows on the top of the fridge
because I have things sitting up there.
Now here are some stills I took
with the black shadow coming
down from the right upper corner
of the doorway.

In this photo you can see almost
a swoosh line going to the 
middle right of the doorway
and what almost appears to
be the shape of a head peaking around
the wall in the living room 
above the tv stand.





No comments:

Post a Comment