Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

7-29-11

1:35pm

Got a big pot of potatoes boiling on the stove,
about 2/3rds of a 10 pound bag.
Had to use them or lose them due
to them starting to become soft.
I'm going to make them up into mashed
potatoes, use some for supper, and then
the rest will be put in the freezer.
You can freeze potatoes just
as long as they have been cooked 
ahead of time.

------

Mailman just came.
The good-
I got a free coupon for
an Herbal Essence product up to $3.99.

The bad-
The electric bill, ahhhh.
$222.41
And this did cover the day where
our ac went on the blitz and kept
running constantly even though 
it wasn't cooling too well.
Last month was $146.27
with running the air condition.
So a difference of $76.14 with the heat wave.
Last year's KWH for the month was
1618
This year's KWH for the month is
1691

A normal, no air condition, electric bill
for us runs between $70-$80.
We are not on the budget since 
the electric goes up in the Summer
while the gas goes down to around $30.
And in the Winter the gas goes up
and the electric goes down.
So to me it evens out.

-------------

I'd jump on this next deal if
you have an old refrigerator(s)
that you are no longer using.
They were originally offering $50
but it had gone down to $35.
But with my current electric bill
I see it went back up to $50.
There is a limit of 2 fridges so
a total of $100 can be made!!

-------------------

I am hoping that God has answered our
prayers as to how to pay this
$1200 bill along with a few other
smaller doctor bills.

Payday isn't until next week but I have
heard that hubby has about 11 hours
overtime on that check.  I also
heard that there could be a big bonus on it also.
Let me tell ya that would be the miracle
we would need at the moment to
pay these doctor bills off and not
be hurting financially!!
I ain't holding my breath though
until I actually see it in the checking account!!

NEVER plan for something that 
is not a for sure thing.
If you think you are getting a bonus
or extra money don't go out
and spend money now only to
realize you may not get it!!!
I don't care if someone guarantees you
money, unless it's actually in your hand
is the only time you can spend it wisely!!

---------------------

Tonight we are taking the kids
 to hubby's work place
to go swimming.  Hubby has a side job
tonight at work of replacing someone's
brakes.  So there'll be a couple more bucks
in the pocket.

----------------------------

4:00pm


6 people are over at our home
and that does not include my two
kids or myself!
2 friends in the living room play
video games with my kids.
And 3 kids and their dad
(not pictured)
out back in the pool.
CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!
LOL.


No rest for any moms that have kids, lol.


In the meantime I got supper going.
Got some mashed potatoes made up
then threw a salisbury steak family
entree in the microwave.


I also have some fruit pleather,
aka fruit roll ups, in the dehydrator.
I told y'all I've been trying to use
stuff up out of my pantry.
So today I used up a large can
of pears (minus juice) and threw them in the
food processor with about a 
tablespoon of raspberry jello.
Then spread out on a sheet
on the dehydrator tray.

 -------------------------------

8:30pm

Just returned not long ago from
Tony's work.  We were able to swim
and Tony was able to work on the
lady's car before it stormed.
Ugly storm clouds were all around
making grumbling noises but we
didn't get any sprinkles til about 8pm.
The pool felt like bath water it was
that warm!

My glitter toe polish, lol.
Jonathan went over to the tennis courts
which is right next door to the pool
looking for tennis balls.  He found a ton
of them in the trash can including a 
canister that had never been opened!
I found this at the pool-
a free admission to Zoombezi Bay.
Too bad I didn't find 3 more.
Anyone need a coupon?
This one won't do me any good.
This bunny came out the last couple
of times we went to the pool in the evening.



Tony changed the front rotors and front brakes
on this lady's car and she gave him $100 for 
2 hours worth of work.
$50 an hour, hell yeah!
It saved this lady lots of money
compared to taking it to a repair shop to have done.
 So they both won either way!

My favorite picture I took today.


---------------------------------


8:30pm


Good news, Jonathan's wart seems
to be going away and it was a big
one on the palm of his hand between
the pointer finger and thumb.
We've been putting the Kroger wart
remover on it a couple times a day
for 4 days now.
Tonight I took clippers to any dead skin
around it.  It looks so much better but
not 100% gone.  We are still putting
more wart remover on it with a bandaid
over it.  I'm so glad because this
thing would have grossed you out
if I had posted a before picture!
This liquid salicylic acid stuff works compared
to trying the freeze off stuff which
did absolutely nothing!!
I also tried it on a bump that I've had
on my palm for 14 years.
I tried cutting it off many times
only to have it grow back every time.
So we'll see if this did the trick.


----------------------------------


Mmmm, loookie, a homemade recipe
for Nutella!
Not sure how much hazelnuts are
but a jar of Nuttella is $3.00 to $4.00.
If I remember, I'll price them the
next time I'm at Kroger.






No comments:

Post a Comment