Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

8-1-11

7:50am

Looking to pick up some back to school
school supplies while on sale now
and hoping to beat the rush at the last moment?
I found a supply list for most
of Ohio schools.
I say most because I found our elementary
school but did not see our middle school.
Scroll down the list HERE to find your school
and supplies needed by grade.

---------------------------------

8:00am

I kept hear a thump, thump, thump.
I thought someone was outside bouncing
a basketball.  I discovered my neighbor
across the street is getting a new roof.
Could you imagine being a roofer
on a 90+ degree day?
I can climb onto our roof
but it is nowhere pitched like my
neighbor's roof.  I give these men
a lot of credit for not being afraid of
heights and working out in this heat.


------------------------------------------


10:00am


Got all my bills done.
Got all little doctor bills paid off.
At least I hope I don't get anymore
at the moment since I should be all caught up.
I hope come payday, which is Friday,
bonus day, 16 hours overtime and a vehicle gas check day,
I can have the large hospital bill paid off
and be free and clear of any and all doctor bills!!
Still was able to stay on track.  Paid $150 extra
on the house payment and a little
extra on the credit card.
In 3 years time I've managed to apply
$8200 towards paying off the house.
That doesn't include the interest, 
home insurance, mortgage insurance, 
taxes and so on.  That is the amount
actually applied towards the home.
I try to make 15 house payments
a year as opposed to 12 to shorten the loan
from 30 years to about 16-17 years.


------------------------------


I think for supper I'm going to make
turkey sloppy joes in the crock pot.


1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup bbq sauce
salt & pepper to taste


In a medium skillet over medium heat,
brown the ground turkey, onions & peppers, drain.
Put into crock on low and
stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup,

bbq sauce.

Makes about 6 servings.


-------------------------------------------


11:00am


Heading our way back down to
the basement to clean more
and work on laundry.


--------------------------


5:10pm


Been working in the basement most
of the day.  

Jonathan sold another bicycle of his on Craigslist.
He bought it for $40, had it listed for $55
and the guy he sold it to gave him $60!
A profit of $20!
Another time he had bought a bike at
the flea market for $5 and sold it
for $40 a profit of $35!


Teach 'em while they are young
to look out for a good deal!

Hey I never thought he would sell
the bike for $55, showed me huh.
Now teaching them to save money
is a whole other ordeal.


-------------------------------------------


6:00pm


How cute is this?
This is one of my neighbor's children
pushing their dog in a stroller.



And here's our squirrels in the back
yard this evening acting stupid again, lol.






----------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment