Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

8-6-11

11:00am

Got up around 6:30am then headed down
to the flea market around 7:00am.
Was there about and hour and a half.
I'd been wanting some sunless tanning lotion and priced them in stores for about $11 a bottle, ouch.
I found a couple new bottles
for $2.00 each.
Tony got the best deal of the day.
He found a Holley 750 double pump
carburetor for $25 but mama had the
money and had to pay the man.
I said I only had $20 and asked the seller
if he would take that and he said YES!!
Hell $25 is a steal let alone
getting another $5 knocked off!!
I love when some sellers don't know what
the value is of the stuff they sell.
I priced used ones on Craigslist
and they are going from $220 t0 $350 each!
To buy this new at Jegs would cost $700!!!!!!!!
We ran across someone selling a bunch
of air compressors.  I saw a bobo named
older 15 gallon air compressor 
and they wanted $70 for it.
So $25 for the newer Craftsman model
was a heck of a deal!!

Jonathan brought along his money he
made from his bicycle in search of
a bicycle.  He bought a Razor Punk 360.
Was $15 but talked down to $10.
Plan on getting some sos pads
and cleaning it up some.
It rides perfect though with
no mechanical problems.


At around 4:30 we went over to
mom's church right at the end of our street
for a spaghetti dinner.
All proceeds went towards the church.
Adults were $7 and kids $3.
They had a record breaking dinner this year!
The cost included a large plate of spaghetti
with homemade meat sauce, two types of
bread with butter, salad with about 15 different
topping options, drinks, and several different
homemade desserts to chose from.
We had enough leftovers to take home
to have lunch the next day!


After supper we headed over to Jegs
to find out they closed 5 minutes
before we got there.
Since Jegs was on 11th Ave.
I decided to take the boys and Tony
by the Extreme Home house.
They have started building it
and it appears to be a 2 story house
with basement.  They had most of the walls up.
I had brought along my camera but
forgot my camera card so there were
no pictures :0(



When we got home I started working

on getting more coupons clipped
from the sales ads that came to our doorstep.
I've been asking neighbors for their
sales ads/coupons if they didn't want any.
I've only gotten one extra so far.
I'm going to have Tony start looking for
extra sales bags at work on empty apartments.
This week in The Bag in the 
USA Weekend section is 2 coupons
for a free 12 ounce mango pineapple smoothie
and a coupon for 12 ounce free
iced or hot caramel mocha, mocha latte
or cappucino.
Also be sure to check for these coupons
in the Sunday dispatch.


Some cheap deals I found in this week's sales-
Well at least ones I put on my grocery lists.


KROGER


Tide 24-32 loads liquid or
Tide 31-40 loads powder.
$5.99 each.
Save $2.00 when you buy two sale.
Makes them $4.99 each.
There was coupons for $2.00 off
that was in the paper within the last couple of weeks.
This would make each one $2.99
or $5.98 for 2 Tides.


MEIJER


Cucumbers- .33 cents each


Meijer Pasta- .79 cents each


Campbell's Tomato soup- .59 cents each


ALDI


Celery- .59 cents each


16 ounce baby carrots- .49 cents each


Cheese club macaroni & cheese- .39 cents each


WALGREENS


Mini notepads- .20 cents each limit 5
(need these for Tony's work.
I just bought one at Kroger not long
ago and it was over $1.00!)


PaperMate mechanical pencils
10 pack- .39 cents
(reg. $3.00 a pack!)


Crayola poster board- .29 cents
(reg. about $1.00 or so)

Now's the time to start stocking

up on those cheap school supplies!
I usually buy enough to last a year
because prices are going back up
probably in September and October.


---------------------------------------


I got a school newsletter in the mail today.
School starts up August 24th and get this
the last day of school is May 31st!
It seems like it got pushed back a week
early this year.


--------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment