Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

8-5-11

8:15am

Heading out to some yard sales this morning.
Told the kids that we might try to drive
by the Extreme Makeover house.
I'm sure it's probably crowded in that area though
so we'll have to see whether we go or not.

---------------------------------------
11:30am

Back home from yard sales.
We did go by the Extreme Makeover
house around 9-9:15am this morning.
It wasn't like you could exactly stop
and take a look at it so here
is my drive by video of it.
It's the house on the left side of
the green semi truck sitting in the yard
if you can see it, lol.

I found Tony a Christmas present.
Something he's been wanting for the
past couple of years, a large air compressor.  
We've priced them
used at yard sales and flea markets
and they were a little expensive for
our budget even for the smaller ones
that were 2-5 gallons,
larger ones we found for about $40
looked like they were from the 1970's
and ran with oil and belts and were
rusted out and without hoses or any
attachments.
This is an oil free, belt free,
Craftsman 15 gallon air compressor.
I know it doesn't show well in the photo,
but it ain't no dinky thing, it took
me and the guy at the yard sale
to load it in the back end of the Suburban.
I couldn't find a 15 gallon one but
did find a 7 gallon one at SEARS
for $180.  So I'm pretty sure this
went for about $250 if not more when new!!
I did test it out at the yard sale to check
for leaks and to see that it would
hold air pressure.


Got the boys some name brand
Hilfiger, Tommy and Starter shirts
for .50 cents each.




I found me a pair of capris for .10 cents
And 2 bottles of vanilla, butter and nut
imitation extract for .50 cents each.
I also found Tony some tire shine/cleaner,
2 cans for $1.50.
For mom I got her an early Christmas
present as well, about 19 purple Iris'.
At least that's how many stems I counted
on the bulbs.  They were $1.00 a bag
and I got 3 bags for $3.00.
Iris bulbs are not cheap!!
Mom loves Iris' and I've been wanting
to get her some but they've been too
expensive in the stores to get.
I'll plant them for her in the Fall.
I'd really like to find mom a bird bath
so have been keeping an eye out for
one that's cheep, cheep, lol.

------------------------------------------

1:50pm


After much debate I told Tony I bought
him a Christmas present today.
I didn't tell him what it was though.
I told him it was too heavy and too big
for me to try to hide from him til Christmas.
I asked him if I could give it to him
tonight just as long as he remembers
it was a Christmas gift and he said yes.
So I'll have pictures of Tony
opening up his Christmas present in August, lol.
I cleaned it all up and got 
the dust/dirt off it.
It has a list of air tools you can use with it
so he should be able to get a lot of
use out of it!
Hmmm, as I was doing research on
this air compressor I accidentally
ran across a recall on several different
models including this one.
I saw notices from back in March of 2011
to June 2011.
Wonder if I call the Sears number
that was posted if they would
take care of this recall on our compressor.
It is a fire hazard and has been know
to cause fires because the motor overheats!  I read
Sears is supposed to replace the motors
in these compressors.
Might just call that number for Sears and see.

$200 - $300 air compressor for $25
free motor to make like new
PRICELESS!!


-------------------------------------------


9:00pm


Here's the photo of Tony "opening" up his
wrapped present, lol.
Hey when you are frugal you use
towels as gift wrap, lol.

This evening I finally made it
over to Dollar Tree.  I've been meaning
to go there for many months now
to buy supplies to make some
more sponges.  My last sponges I made
lasted a year or more.
I got a package of two wash cloths
for a buck.  One side was microfiber
while the other side had a scratchy surface.
And a package of 4 sponges for a buck.


I took the wash cloths and cut
each one into four pieces.
Then sewed them around the sponges.



These sponges are easily cleaned
by putting in the dishwasher when
running a load.
Well it's been a long day,
a long week and we are settling
down watching Smokey & The Bandit
then heading to bed.
Tomorrow morning we're getting
up early and heading down to
the Twin Drive-Ins Flea Market
on the South end.


No comments:

Post a Comment