Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

8-13-11


2:30pm

Went to a couple yard sales this morning.
One was an outdoor church sale.
This sale was different from other church
sales I've been to because each table
had a different seller.
I found this bracelet on the left for .50 cents.
The other bracelet on the right I got yesterday for .50 cents also.
Then as I'm walking around I spy
this mop leaning up against one of the tables.
I swooped in to take a look see and sure
enough it was a steam mop.  No price on it
so I asked some ladies how much.  They
all got in a huddle literally because they had no idea
what to price it at.  One lady said it was
hers and she only used it once.
I hear a price of $20 and the other ladies
said no that's too high for a yard sale price.
Then another said what about $5 or $10.
I jumped in and said I'll give you $5!
And that's what I paid for it.
It sells for about $75 at Walmart!! 


I got mom a used one at a thrift store
last Christmas for $8!
Now I won't have to borrow hers, lol,
since I have my own now.
I'll have to make my own pads
which won't be a problem.

Yard sales were pretty crappy today
so we headed over to the University apartments.
They are starting to move out
which means all kind of free goodies!!
I figure by next weekend the move outs
will be in full force.
Jonathan found me these lotions-



Guess what else Jonathan found for me
of all things after buying a steam mop,
a Conair garment steamer!
These go for $40 at Walmart.
Then Jonathan found a Holmes electric 
tower heater.
These for for $45 at Home Depot.
It has an eco setting on it to save energy
and utility costs.  It uses convection heat
and has automatic shut off and tip over
safety switch.

 I found a pretty comforter and matching
pillow. I might just keep this set
instead of donating it.  I like all the
scroll work on it.
Believe me I already have a bunch
of blankets to donate to the church's blanket drive.

Stopped in the Kroger on Olentangy.
Not liking their new idea of having
nothing but 12 U Scan checkouts.
There are no regular checkouts there!
Anyways we needed some more pop
and goodies for our trip out to either
Heath or Newark tonight to see the Mopars.

Found milk marked down to $2.00 a gallon,
loaves of italian bread for .69 cents,
 cole slaw mix with shredded cabbage for $1.19
and 4 fresh hamburger patties for $4.

Looks like we are having cheeseburgers
with corn on the cob and green bean casserole
for supper.

At this Kroger you can find mark downs
throughout the dairy section as well
unlike other Krogers.
I saw chip dip, Country crock butter,
pudding, biscuits, cinnamon rolls in a can
and so on all marked down.
You just have to look for things like
this mixed in with the regular items
since they don't have one section
for dairy product mark downs.

-----------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment