Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

8-2-11


11:40am

Just returned from Meijers.
I haven't shopped there in quite awhile.
I spent $44.24
and saved $41.93

The sock deal I knew wasn't going to
be fun.  For starters it would be nice
if there was a bigger selection of sizes!!
None of the $3.99 sized socks would
fit the boys so I got-

2- 11 pair pkgs socks for 
$7.49 each x's 2 is $15.98
Then I got a 6 pair pkg for $4.99.
Total for socks $20.97
minus 10% discount of $2.12
minus the $10 off deal
minus 3- $1.00 coupons found on packages
 Made it $5.85 for 28 pairs of socks
or .20 cents a pair.

Other deals I got-

Large bottle of Pantene
Was- $6.09
on sale for $4.99
with my coupon made it FREE

Fruit tray with grapes,
strawberries, canteloupe & watermelon
Was $4.78
Marked down to $2.87
When I bought 2 Eggo products
I got $1.50 off fresh fruit
so it made the fruit tray $1.37

Gallon of Meijer Milk
Was $2.79
sale $2.50
Had a coupon that if I bought 2 
Kellogg cereals I got $2.00 off any milk.
I paid .50 cents for a gallon of milk.

In order to
get $10 off the socks you
had to buy $10 worth of Kelloggs products
so here is what I got for $10.
2 Eggo Waffles- $2.23 x's 2 is $4.46.
2 boxes Apple Jacks cereal $1.99 x's 2 is $3.98
1 box Fruit Loops cereal $1.99
total- $10.43

Skippy peanut butter
Was $2.59
sale $1.67
I had $1.50 coupon
made it .17 cents

Ocean Spray 64 ounce juice
$2.89
I had coupon for a FREE bottle.

Green Bell Peppers .99 cents a pound
I got 3 small ones for $1.04
non sales price would have been $1.79

Cabbage .39 cents a pound.
I got 2.03 pounds head of cabbage for .79 cents

Wishbone Italian dressing
was $2.16
sale $1.50
I had $1.00 coupon
made it .50 cents

I got a couple other oddball things like bread, chips, water, pizza rolls, pool shock and freon.

We needed one more small can of freon
for the truck's air conditioner.
Advance Auto sells the small cans
for $15.
I found the same small cans at Meijer
for $9.27.
So I saved $5.73 by getting it at Meijer.

-------------------------------

8:45pm


I haven't felt the greatest today so haven't
done much.  I have a headache, diarrhea,
stomach gurgles, stomach pains,
and no energy.


For supper we had BTS's.
Bologna, Tomato & Swiss on Toast
with mac and cheese.
Something simple and easy.
The kids have been wanting
me to make some beef jerky.
I told them if I could find a cheap
cut of meat I would make some.
Well I found a .67 pound 
beef round top thin round steak for $2.47.
I cut it into strips and pounded each one out
with a meat tenderizer hammer between
two sheets of wax paper.
Then I coated in bbq sauce and seasoned.

A 6.2 ounce package of beef jerky
runs almost $9.00 at Walmart.
Or $5 to $12 for 3.25 ounces at Walgreens.
So for only $2.43 to make 2 trays
of beef jerky is cheap!


Tonight Tony changed the oil in
the Suburban.  
Cost of oil $18.  We already had the filter.

We save so much money doing car maintenance
and repairs ourselves.
While it was free to fix our own air conditioner
on the truck it still cost money
to buy the freon.
Freon cost $30 for a large can with gauges
and $15 a small can.
(this was before I found that the freon
was cheaper at Meijer)
I bought another small can for $9.00
but it didn't seem to need it.
So that will be put up for later use.
To recharge and fix the ac ourselves
cost $45.  

Goodyear would have
charged you about $80 just to walk
through their door and diagnose the problem!!
Then more than likely would have said
we needed another air conditioner.


The only other maintenance we've done
on the truck was to put 4 used tires on it.
That ran about $150
and should last for quite awhile,
not something that needs to be replaced yearly.
A set of new truck tires from a tire store
would run you at least $800+ installation,
balancing and disposal fees.

The next thing we want to do is
get a can of engine restore for $11
and put in it to keep it from smoking
since it has over 200,000 miles.
That will have to wait til this weekend
which is payday.
Sea Foam is something else
we use for high mileage vehicles.
I think it runs about $7- $8 a can.

 
-------------------------------------





No comments:

Post a Comment