Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

8-4-11

12:40pm

Still feeling a little down and out
with hardly any energy.
Kids don't understand when you don't feel
good.  And of course all the kids
in the neighborhood seems to be flocking
to our house once again.
 20 more days til school starts.
Not that I'm counting or anything like that, LOL!
We've finally hit just under the 3 week mark,
woo hoo.  
When kids go back to school-
the utilities will go down,
the food bill won't be as much &
my house won't look like a war zone!!
I can get some much needed rest
with my naps and some of my sanity back,
I can grocery shop with coupons
without kids throwing everything in the cart
and saying, "I want, I want".


At the moment I'm trying to figure out
something for supper.
I think we're going to have stroganoff.
I will make up two of the boxes of
stroganoff and throw the pasta from
a lasagna mix in there also.
We don't like the lasagna seasoning in those
mixes so this is how I will use that box up
without letting it go to waste.
I will also use a pound of ground turkey
from Aldi.
No this isn't part of the recalled turkey!
That turkey is from the maker
Cargill and was distributed to stores
like Kroger and Giant Eagle and comes
in the styrofoam packaging with the
plastic on top.

--------------------------------------

When neighborhood children come
to my house they are always asking for
a drink of water.  I give it to them and
so do my kids which results in
every glass in the house dirty
and a dishwasher rack full of nothing but cups!
So I've come up with this idea of saving
plastic bottles.  I actually have a friend
of mine saving all hers as well.
Bottles from 20 ounce pops,
gatorade/sports drinks and actual water bottles.
I plan to fill them with water and store
them in the fridge in one of the crisper bins.
When they ask for water I'll give them
a bottle that they can throw away instead
of me running up my electric bill by
running the dishwasher constantly.
And if they want more water the same
day they can give me the same bottle 
back that I gave them to have refilled
or else go home to get water.


----------------------------------

1:30pm


Today's haul from the garden.
Then add in the bowl of
tomatoes I already had.
Time for more salsa!


--------------------------------


3:25pm

Tony has to work late again tonight.
This will be the fourth day this week.


I colored my hair using
the ultra light blonde Dream Blonde.
Don't know what it is about my
hair but it doesn't seem to want to
go much lighter.  I can't see where
it made a big difference.
Before & After



----------------------------------


6:30pm


I saw this idea for a coupon binder tote.
It looks like a fabric book cover
with velcro sides and handles built in.
I think I might try and make one
in my spare time, ha ha.  It would
make it much easier to tote around
my very large coupon binder to the store.
If you are not handy at making things
like this they sell the Coupon Clutch 
for $29.99.  I'll stick with being frugal
and try to make my own.
I've made my own coupon binder,
I've made totes and years ago I used
to make the fabric covered photo albums.
I don't think it would be too hard to
figure how to make something like this.
I mean the whole idea to having a
coupon binder is to save money right.
So why spend $30 on this coupon tote
if you can make it yourself.


---------------------------------------

6:15pm

Made up a batch of salsa
with the tomatoes from the garden.




-------------------------------------


Extreme Makeover is in Columbus, Ohio
this week and next!
They will be tearing down and rebuilding
a home at-
1507 Dewey Rd. which is located
off Joyce Ave. 
Only 5.3 miles from where we live!


Watch a live video stream HERE
of them working on the home!

This show will be a Christmas special
so look for it to air sometime in December.


---------------------------------------






No comments:

Post a Comment