Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

8-11-11

7:45am

Woo Hoo!
After many times of playing the 
I finally won a FREE pizza!!
You have to win first place in the
game in order to get the free pizza.

-----------------------------------

This video was on the news this morning-
Ducks being blown away by wind.




--------------------------------

 If I feel well enough today
I plan on making up a couple
of green bean casseroles.
I have about 5 cans of green beans
that's been hanging out in my pantry
that needs used up. 
This is my recipe I tweaked some
compared to the original.


2 T. butter
2 T. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp sugar
1 cup french onion dip
(or 1 cup sour cream and 
1/4 cup onion diced)
3 cans French style green beans, drained
(I used regular and French style)
1/2 pkg bacon, fried & crumbled
(or can use bacon bits)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crumbled buttery round crackers
1 T. butter melted


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Melt 2 T. butter in large skillet over medium heat.
Stir in flour til smooth, and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in salt, sugar and french onion dip.
Add green beans and stir til coated.


Pour into a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
Spread shredded cheese over top.
In a small bowl toss together cracker crumbs
and remaining butter.  Sprinkle over the cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes til top is golden 
and cheese is bubbly.


-------------------------------------


At 9:30am this morning I already had
a kid coming to our door wanting
the kids to play.  Had to put my foot down
and say they weren't allowed out.
I feel like crap and don't feel like
dealing with other people's children
at our house today.  


-----------------------------


10:30 - 11:00am


I got two green bean casseroles made.
I only had 5 cans of beans so divided
it up among two dishes.
I'll put these in the freezer to bake
another day.


I was channel surfing for a few this morning.
I saw that they think America will
go into a recession again due to the
decline in the stock market.
Unemployment
and foreclosures has gone back up some.
During a recession your retirement/401K
could take a loss along with your home value.

----------------------------------------

12:30 - 2:00pm


Got some pizza dough going in
the bread machine.  I'm going to make
a couple BBQ chicken & Italian smoked 
sausage pizzas tonight for supper. 
My favorite bread machine
pizza dough recipe can be found HERE.

I had 14 ripened tomatoes from the garden
and made tomato/pasta sauce from them.
I used this RECIPE but doubled it. 


I peeled all the tomatoes.
Here are the ingredients.
I am sauteing the garlic in the 
pan with some olive oil.
Next cut all tomatoes into quarters
and put into a food processor.
Add a teaspoon each of seasoning
for one batch.  I also added some
Splenda which the recipe didn't call for.
Puree.
 Add tomato sauce to pot with
garlic and oil. Cook for about an hour.
I plan to allow it to cool once done
then will put into plastic peanut butter
jars I've been saving, then put into freezer.


----------------------------------


2:00 - 4:00pm


I've been trying to keep myself busy
today instead of laying around even
though I don't feel the greatest.
It seems the more I lay around
the worse I feel.


I got a batch of beef jerky in
the dehydrator.
I used a third pound package
of beef chuck shoulder blade thin sliced
for $1.57 to make it.
I cut into slices and pounded with a mallot
then coated in bbq sauce.
Got the pizzas in the oven at 4:00pm.


I spread bbq sauce over the dough the cut
up a small chicken breast and fried
it in a skillet.
Next I fried up the Italian sausage.
 And lastly sauteed up some
diced up onions and green bell peppers.
Here they are before adding the cheese.
Only one pizza got the veggies.
And here is the end result,
fresh baked, out of the oven.


I got 2 containers of homemade
tomato sauce from the batch I made today.

-----------------------------


8:00pm


Went cruising over to the college apartments
area to see if any move outs have started.
Still is all quiet.  Will check back this weekend.
I know it's a matter of time though.


Stopped by Tony's work because he
said he had a couple bikes for us
that a resident left behind when they moved out.
I gotta "new" bike now!
I let the kids ride my old bike a year or
so ago and it ended up getting stolen
and I've been without a bike since.
So here she is- all pretty in pink.
Found at Kmart for $179!
It had been left outside so we had
to oil the chain and fill the tires back up.
Tomorrow I'll sand down the handlebars 
and a couple braces on the fenders
that are rusted and paint them white.
It's one of the newer bikes Schwinn
made that looks like an old one.
Kind of reminds me of the one I had
when little but it was blue.
 


We also got another bike from the
same place which Jonathan claimed.
It's a mountain bike.
Found at Walmart for $96


So $275 worth of bicycles for free!


-------------------------------------


Finally got the cabinet out of the Suburban
tonight.  Our neighbor helped Tony get it
out since it was heavy.  It made it to the carport
area and that's as far as it's gotten for now, lol.  
So now I have
an actual picture of it to show you.
Found- Free.





No comments:

Post a Comment