Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

8-7-11

12:00 to 2:00pm

This morning's haul from the garden.
 I got all the cherry tomatoes 
and banana peppers cut up and
put into the dehydrator since I 
had collected so many of them
over the past couple of days.
I gave mom a sandwich bag full
of cherry tomatoes also.





As for the other Early Girl tomatoes,
I'll wait til a few more ripen in the garden
then I'll start making tomato sauce with those.
Remove skins, put into food processor with
some seasonings then puree and cook.
Then freeze.

I highly recommend getting your
garden veggies from Menards.
This is the best crops I have gotten
out of any plants. 
$1.67 to invest in a 6 pack of baby plants
sure does produce a lot of veggies!
I have bought plants from Walmart,
Meijers and Lowes.  And because they
just opened a new Menards this year
I decided to give them a try.

-----------------------------------

Well here in a bit we're going to head
to Jegs and possibly Kroger
to get things we need now.
I'll have to wait til tomorrow or
another day this week to get the sale items
like the Tide.


At the moment we are working in the yard
getting it tidied up.  Got the air tank
filled up and started using it to
pump up tires on the car.
It goes so much faster than the smaller
compressors we have.  It's like have
an air compressor from the gas station.


----------------------------------


This afternoon we made it over to
Jegs and fought all the Ohio State Fair traffic.
From there we headed over to UV apartments
to start watching for when they have their
college move outs.  They can have over
400 move outs from August to September.
My guess is it will start within the next
two weeks.

Anyways we found a couple things,
one thing was something Tony has
wanted and has been on his wish list,
a curio cabinet with a light for all
his NASCAR and car collections.
I don't have a picture of it since
it's still in the truck and it was pouring
down raining when we got home.
It looks something like this one
on the right of this photo below.
Doors on ours are plain glass.
The other thing I found was a bag of
clothes that I have not gone through yet.


After UV we stopped in Henderson Rd.
Kroger to pick up some needed things.
My receipt said I save $39 with coupons,
almost half of my groceries.
Here's some deals I found-


2 boxes of Tide powder.
I paid $5.98 for 2 or $2.99 each.
reg. price was $9.49 each x's 2 is $19.98
On sale for $5.99.
Saved $2.00 instantly when you buy 2
which made them $4.99 each.
and I used two $2.00 coupons
which made them $2.99 each.
So with sales and coupons I saved
a total of $13 off laundry detergent.
I still make my own laundry detergent.
I use Tide to stretch it even further
and to give it more cleaning power.
Loaves of Kroger bread .59 cents each
Free bag of Lays potato chips

No comments:

Post a Comment