Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

8-15-11

9:50am

Blogger is not being nice again as you can tell.
I have no options as to how to post other than what
you see. It won't even let me post any pictures.
If it does not fix itself then I'll just go on to
create yet another blog.

I got 5 trays of beef jerky in the dehydrator.
Two are teriyaki flavor and the other three are
hickory barbecue flavor. I still have enough meat
left over to do another batch after this one.
It seems like it only takes a couple of hours to make
since I pound the meat out thin.

I'm still having stomach problems. I am trying to eat a yogurt
each day. If I have loose bowels then I take an
over the counter diarrhea medicine which stops me up for
about 1 1/2 days of nothing then back to normal for a day
then back to the same ole same ole.
I know this discussion sounds gross but it's something
I've been going through on and off since last year.
Between the emergency room and several visits to a doctor's
office you would have thought they would have figured
the problem out. The doctor thinks it something I am eating
and to figure out which one is a long and tedious process.
I would have to take away one thing I eat for about a week
at a time to see if my diarrhea clears up. So let's say
for week one I take away milk, week two take away flour products,
week three artificial sugar, week four sugared foods, and so on.

I've been having upper stomach cramps. Some that will stop you
in your tracks and make you light headed. It makes it difficult
to get stuff done around here. I wash my hands to the point
they look shriveled up, lol.

I need to work on laundry today since I didn't get it done yesterday.
And I have to make another batch of beef jerky because
the meat needs to be used up today! I'd like to work more
on cleaning the house because school starts in 9 days.
I don't know if I mentioned this or not but after looking through
some paperwork about the kids bus schedules is when I realized
Christopher won't even be going to the school we thought.
That threw us a little curve ball but after talking to other
neighborhood children we realized we weren't the only ones
getting put into another school. I got to thinking about the crazy
bus stop they want to put Christopher at that is a main intersection,
at a traffic light and no place for parents to park a car should
they want to take their kids to the bus stop when it's raining or
snowing out. Due to the timing of when school starts for junior high
students, I think Tony could drive him to school and drop him off
then go to work from there. I could somehow pick him up from one of
the side streets in the afternoon. Junior high school hours are from
7:30am to 2:30pm. Then my other child gets on the bus in front of
our house around 8:25am and will get home about 3:45pm. This will
be a fun year with the split schedules for two different schools.

Oh well, we'll somehow get through this. About like the time I had
both kids going to one elementary school and that school decided
that my one child should go to another school that had better classes
for him. Now that school year was a headache! I don't know how
they expected me to be in two places at one time trying to send
off two kids to different elementary schools by myself. One rode a bus
while the other one I walked or drove to school and they both ran
on the same time schedule. So having these
two different schedules this year can't be as bad as that! At least
there are two different time frames this time around.

Well I need to pop a couple ibuprofen and try to get some laundry done.

And hey Kendra, if you read this, if you would like a china hutch you can
have the one we found but it would need picked up asap since we are wanting
to take it back and drop it off in bulk at Tony's work maybe some time this week
since he is on call with the pager til Friday. Saturday and Sunday Tony
is going to Michigan to the NASCAR truck race.
We decided we just don't have the room for the cabinet, it's bigger than
we thought it was and would make the living room feel too stuffy.


2:00pm

Got laundry going, got a batch of beef jerky made, steamed cleaned
my couch and chair.

I got to reading an article about frugal fatigue. What do us frugal people
do that we get burnt out on a lot. Hmmm, that got me thinking.

-Coupon clipping and matching coupons to sales seems to take forever to
do just to save money.

-Cooking from scratch. It's ok and keeps me busy but there are
times that I just want a break from making three meals a day times
365 days a year is 1095 meals in a year's time. I like to go out to
eat even if it is fast food or take out pizza. There are dollar menus
out there and coupons to eat out.

-Clothes shopping at the thrift store or yard sales. Too many clothes to
go through to find the right price and the right size. Yard sales never
seem to have boys clothes so it would be so
nice to be able to go to the store and pull stuff off the rack and be
able to buy.

-hanging clothes on the clothes line. I did it last year to shave some
of my electric bill but this year decided I didn't have the back, time or
energy for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment