Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

8-12-11

12:00pm

Went to a couple yard sales this morning.
I didn't get much.
I bought mom a new hot water tank
insulated wrap.  I paid $1.00.
They go for about $20 to $25 new.
I already have one for ourselves that I found at
a church sale brand new for a buck also.

Bracelet- .50 cents

Mary Kay hydrating gel & 
moisturizing cream-
found both in a freebie box.
A tube of concrete crack sealant .50 cents.
I got this for my birdbath.
And lastly I got the boys
this whole lot of hand held games
and accessories for $10.
I priced something like this on Ebay
and saw it would go for $75 to over $100!!

Had to stop in Kroger on Sunbury Rd.
to get some canned pop and chips for
our picnic type supper tonight.
We're heading to Reynoldsburg once
Tony gets off work to check out the Mopars.

I splurged and got this package
of Beef Choice Round Tip bulk package
of meat. 
Was- $13.75
I paid- $8.66
a savings of $5.09
I can make 15-20 beef jerky strips
out of each piece of meat.
(105 to 140 pieces of jerky
made for .06 to .08 cents each piece)
Everyone's been wanting my homemade jerky.
I let the neighbor and some teeny
boppers in the neighborhood try
some last night and they loved it.

I have bought single packages of
beef jerky in convenience stores
that tasted like shoe leather,
so tough and flavorless! 
Single beef jerkys go for about $2 - $3 a piece.

--------------------------------

1:45pm


I worked a little on my bicycle some.
Remember the handle bars were
all rusted and yucky looking
from being left to sit outdoors.
I used some fine grit sandpaper
with some elbow grease
and the rust came off!
I was going to paint them white
but don't need to after this.
I still need to paint the fender brackets though.




-------------------------------------


Headed out to Reynoldsburg this evening
to see the Mopars cruising Brice Rd.

Stopped in a McDonalds in Gahanna
before going to Reynoldsburg.
I think this was the 
worst looking McDonalds I have ever been in!
Of course I had my camera with me
and just had to show you how bad it was.
Wallpaper peeling off walls and the bench
looked like someone wasn't happy with
their happy meal and took a bite out of it!!!

There is good news.  As we headed down
Hamilton Rd by Kroger Market Place,
we saw that they are building a brand
new McDonalds near Burger King.
It's a good thing because I don't think
I would be going back to this one!


Got to Reynoldsburg around 8:00pm.
Compared to the last couple of
years we went there to watch the cars, 
this year really sucked.
Rumor has it that most of the cars
went to cruise Newark.
So weather permitting tomorrow
we might cruise to Newark.

There was a full moon out tonight.


We left the Brice Rd area and headed

over to Waggoner Rd to meet up with
a friend from Tony's work who was
at a VFW having supper.
Jonathan got to see a tank up close.
So as we are all standing around talking
I glanced to the left and caught a glimpse
of a cemetery up on a hill.
I couldn't resist with camera in hand,
to run up that hill, in the dark and in 
a treed area with Jonathan right behind me, lol.
Did I mention that it was a full moon tonight
as well, lol!  Creepy!
This was the first time I had
walked through a cemetery at night!
From what I saw, as I quickly walked
around, in what is called an abandoned cemetery,
I noticed that the headstones were very old
and unreadable.  Some were broke and
others were propped up by trees.
In the middle of the cemetery at the top of
the hill was an area that was marked off
with an old iron fence.  Behind it was
one or two headstones that I could see.
Nothing showed up in the pictures
that I could see, not even a bug.
I didn't stick around too long to
take but only a couple of photos.
I should of did a video now that I think of it.  
But it was a spur of the moment thing.

Jonathan tripped over something
and in the dark it looked like a bone.
I took a quick picture and that's about
the time we headed back down the hill
and back to the truck, lol.
I see now after reviewing the pictures 
that it was a part of a
tree or a stick, lol.  Let me tell ya,
in the dark, by the moonlight, it sure
looked like a bone!

A quick picture of the sign before leaving.

I found more information about the
Methodist Hill Cemetery HERE.
I think the earliest headstone recorded there
was 1839, 172 years old!
Anyway you can check out the cemetery
and photos of all the headstones found
there at that website.
It seems like a lot of children
are in that cemetery!
HERE is more information
and photos from that cemetery 
on another web site I found.
Pretty interesting.
Maybe I'll go back sometime to check
it out in the daylight, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment