Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

8-8-11

9:25am

Last night we decided to turn off the
air conditioner to save a little on
the electric bill.  
I saw on weather.com that today and
tomorrow are supposed to be 86-87
and the rest of the week upper 70's
to lower 80's. 

With getting ready to shell out over
$1200 for a hospital bill I need to cut
back somewhere.  
I had told Tony yesterday that thanks
to his bonus covering most of the 
remaining doctor bill
I don't think we would have to sell
our one car.  He was a happy camper!
He's already got the carburetor on the car
that we got at the flea market Saturday
and says it's running so much better
but still needs some tweaking.

It will be so nice to be back on track
with no doctor bills to pay at the moment.
I went to the ER last November and
Tony was in the hospital exactly 
2 months later in January for 3 days.
So it will have taken me 9 months
to pay off all doctor, ambulance and hospital bills.
That was a big chunk o' change though.
I figured around $3000 with insurance.
Let me tell ya what helped pay it off-
work bonuses & overtime and a large than normal
child support check.  
God's been looking out for us that's for sure
because without those things we'd
of been really, really hurting financially! 

I have been worried for quite some time
but are starting to see the light at
the end of the tunnel.  
If you have any debt hanging over your
head it only causes stress!! 
Try to pay it off as soon as you can so it can
feel like a heavy load has been lifted off you.
Making attempts at any payment is better than nothing!
Now I need to work on getting the credit
card paid off.  At least that's not some
outrageous amount like I've seen some people have.
Then the only debt we will have is
the house.

-----------------------------------------

12:30pm


Been working on getting the carpet
cleaned.  Lots of dirt has accumulated
on our carpet over the Summer!
Oh it probably has something 
to do with lots of bare feet, lol.
Going to try to get the house put
back in order the next couple of
weeks before school starts.
 Mailman just came.
Just wanted to verify that any
free magazines I post are the real deals!
Here's what I got today alone!
Other magazines we also get.


------------------------------


7:45pm


It's been a long and tiring day.
So tiring that me and the boys
all took a nap today.  That NEVER happens!
Tony just got home from work
around 7:00pm.  I'm slacking so bad
today I don't even have supper made.
I'm so tired and my body hurts.

My Three Squirrels came out this
evening to play.  I call them
Larry, Curly and Moe because
they act so goofy.
Don't ask me what their fascination
is with climbing all over the
Charger's car cover is but they
seem to find it entertaining.

So has anyone been playing the
Dominos pizza game on Facebook?
Every minute they give away a free pizza
gift card BUT you have to play their shooting
game against many other people
and take first place in order to get
a free pizza. It's one of those games
that annoys you but you keep
playing in hopes of winning.
My highest score so far is 40th place
if that says anything.


-------------------------------------


We've been watching the live camera
of the Extreme Makeover home most
of the day when not asleep.
We watched them make the driveway
and put more bricks on the outside
of the home.
There is a contest on P&D Builders 
Facebook page for the Extreme Makeover. 
Scroll down to about the 14th or so posted
message and you will see the contest in that
post.  They are asking people to guess
how many bricks will go on the exterior 
of the house.  The one closest to the amount
will win a hard hat and shirt signed
by the Extreme Makeover team!
I guessed 9,504.
I have no clue!  It's about like
trying to guess how many jelly beans
are in a jar, lol.


-------------------------------------

Well all I think I'm going to retire
to watching some tv the rest of the 
evening and relaxing.  My body aches
all over, kinda like when you have the flu
but I don't have a fever, cough, sore throat
or runny nose.  Now Tony has a cold
with stuffy nose and congestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment