Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

6-30-11

9:00am

We give the gerbils
cardboard tubes from toilet paper,
wrapping paper & paper towels.
Sometimes just pieces of cardboard
from boxes.
I also use shredded up newspaper
for their bedding and get some sticks
from the back yard for them to chew on.
It's free so why buy chew sticks
or bedding from the store?

They got a watermelon treat this morning.
Yesterday it was a piece of broccoli.
------------------------------------


Freebies I got online today-


Downy Unstoppables Sample on Facebook
Starts at 10am and limited
to 500,000.


------


Free Middle School T-Shirt
"The worst years of my life"
free to first 1,000.
Approximate value $20.

 ------
to get .75 cents coupon.
Watch them on Facebook to see
if coupon value increases to FREE!

 ------

Target has a coupon for $1.00 off 
any Hot Wheels item.
Hot wheel cars can usually be found for
$1.00 each so with coupon it

would make it free.


------


Free Ocean Spray Sparkling
Cranberry Sample. 

------

I got an email from Pantene today
and this is what it said-

save $3 on any full-size styling product*

experience Herbal Essences for even less! don't miss

your coupon in the July 3 paper.

So be to check your paper tomorrow.


------



Free packet of Sunflower seeds.http://www.somersaultsnackco.com/





----------------------------------



Each morning WTTE FOX 28
shows a photo on their newscast.
You can go to their Facebook page
and write a caption during that
news hour to possibly be chosen.
This morning's photo was
Caption This! Give us your best caption for this picture. We will then pick three finalists and your votes will pick the winner.



My captions (didn't win unfortunately)
that I thought was cute and funny
and even Germain Toyota on Facebook
said they liked it, was-
"I had the right to remain silent so I played
with the markers very quietly while
you were busy"
and
"I want my lawyer...DADDY!!"



-------------------------------------

12:50pm


Went over to help a neighbor put
some things in a U-Haul truck.
They are moving because the oldest
daughter is going to college
and they are downsizing their home.
Whew it's starting to warm up out there.
And oooh doggies, that blacktop in the 
street and their driveway sure was hot.
I went barefoot.
Tomorrow, Sat & Sun are supposed to be
mid to upper 80's.  Time to tuck away
inside and keep cool.  Got the air condition
set on 76 and it feels pretty good in here.


----------------------------------

4:40pm

It doesn't seem as if I have done much
of anything today around the house.
Mom's need a break every now and then.
I think I was tuckered out from 
going through stuff yesterday around
the house trying to declutter.
We ended up taking half the stuff
I boxed up to the donation drop
box and half to the dumpster.


I did go across the street and have a 
chat with our 90 year old neighbor
for about an hour.  I haven't talked
to her since the last snowfall, lol.


Tony's doctor's appointment is
at 4:40 so we'll see what the outcome
of that was and having a new doctor.


------------------------------------------


$1.00 off a pkg of Fruit of the Loom socks.



------------------------------------------

6:30pm

Tonight I made a simple supper due
to my butt dragging.
Fried up some breaded chicken patties
in a skillet then served on bread
with mayo and cheese.
Had a side of mac & cheese.


I had some leftover strawberries
I needed to use up so I threw this
dessert together-


Made up a package of sugar cookie
mix according to directions.
Spread in a greased casserole dish.
Bake.
Then allow to cool completely.


In a bowl add an 8 ounce package of
cream cheese softened, 1/2 cup powdered sugar
and a teaspoon of vanilla and beat together
with mixer.


In anther bowl cut up strawberries
into small pieces.  Stir in a small
package of strawberry jello
(I used strawberry-banana jello).
Add 1/2 cup hot water and stir
til combined.  
I did this earlier today and refrigerated.


Spoon cream cheese mixture
on top of cookie.
Then top with strawberries.


-------------------------------------


Tony's result from the doctor was
that he still has pneumonia.
He had a go round of antibiotics for
10 days, didn't get any better,
another stronger dose of antibiotics
for 10 more days along with 
an antibiotic shot for another 10 days,
getting somewhat better but not completely.
Now another go round of more
antibiotics for another 10 days!!!
 AND
pills to prevent any thrush which
could develop from all the antibiotics
and a medicine to help him
sleep through the night.


His one arm has been hurting
and doc told him he had tennis elbow.
It can't be treated at the moment
with steriods because he is on
antibiotics and you cannot combine the two.


He also had lab work done and
we are waiting for results.
And tomorrow he has to go 
in for some chest xrays to check
the pneumonia in the lung.
He goes back to the doctor in 5 days
to get the results.


I, myself, still feel like my pneumonia
has not gone completely away either.
I still have coughing fits and phlegm.


-------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment