Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

6-2-11

7:25am

Last day of Columbus City Schools.
This morning me, mom and my step-dad
will be going to the school to see
Christopher's 5th grade promotion.
I guess they don't call it graduation at this school.
I'm bringing my camera along so will
be sure to post pictures later on.

---------------------

Tony has decided that our gas powered
weed eater has gotten too heavy to handle
around the yard and prefers our electric one
that is much lighter.   
I can't believe he found a buyer for it
already.  Someone at his work wants it.
I think we paid $10 for it in a package
deal 3 years ago and we're selling it for $50.
So there's a profit of $40 :0)

---------------------------

8:45am

Would you believe that on the 
last day of school the bus was
20 minutes late!
With all the technology they have
today like gps how can a substitute
bus driver get lost???

------------------------

Christopher's 5th grade graduation
this morning-

the entire 5th grade class


They had a slide show on the big
screen in the gymnasium.
Here's Christopher in his cap and gown
and the next photo shows what
he wants to be when he grows up.
All the kids in 5th grade were
in the slide show.

His awards
Jonathan and Christopher's classrooms









Both kids got to go home after
the ceremony.  I then took everyone
including grandma and grandpa
out to eat for lunch before coming home.


-----------------------------


2:15pm


I entered two more cupcakes into the contest.


Rose Bouquet

I made the roses out of candy
fruit slices!


The Mouse Takes the Cheese





-----------------------------------


Boy have I got the perfect cure for
chronic cough from pneumonia,
no need for cough syrup or medicine....


Hemorrhoids!

One cough and you are cured instantly!


LOL!


I am so falling apart!!
My ribs hurt like heck also from coughing
so much.  My cough is better but
after 2 weeks of constant gagging
and coughing fits I'm sure it has affected
my rib muscles, maybe even my bottom.

Tomorrow me, both boys, and grandma
are going to a church sale and others
sales if we find them.
I am so looking for one of those
boppy like pillows you prop a baby
up with to use for my bottom!!
We're supposed to go fishing this
weekend and don't know how well
I can stand sitting for hours on end.
I'm sure I'll figure it out if I 
have to bring me a regular pillow along.
I ain't missing the first fishing day of
the year for us.  Gonna go catch that
big one!  


-----------------------------------


10:50pm



Here are my newest symptoms
that has started the last couple of days.
I didn't think nothing about it at
first but are now getting a little concerned.

First off I want to say that I am able
to breath out my nose with my mouth closed.
I still have to blow my nose at times
but my nasal airways are not blocked.

While at the thrift store the other day
I ran across scented candles.  I started
smelling a few and noticed they didn't 
have any smell to them.  I didn't think
anything of it because I have ran across
crappy scented candles before.


Then there was the trip to Taco Bell
when I got sick.  I noticed that the food
I ordered didn't taste like the last time
I had it.

I lit scented candles yesterday
and didn't smell them.  Tony
came in from work and says,
it sure smells good in here.


Earlier tonight Tony put on some cologne
that I don't care for because it smells
too strong and I think it smells like
hair spray.  I never even noticed he
put it on.  He made the comment,
do you like the hairspray cologne
I put on.  Didn't smell a thing.


Mom had given me some fruity
Mentos gum which I have been chewing
on and off for about a week or so.
Today I went to chew a piece and
it had no fruity taste and kind of
had another awful taste to it which was weird.


Tony got out some microwave popcorn tonight.
We splurged and got a bacon flavored kind.
He brought me the package and
said smell the bacon scent.
I didn't smell a thing!
You know when someone makes
popcorn in a microwave the scent
wafts through the room and smells good.
I smelled nothing.
He then shares this bag of popcorn with me.
I smelled nothing.
I tasted no bacon flavor, no butter
no nothing but the salt, I did taste that.


It was then that it dawned on 
me I couldn't smell anything.
I picked up an unlit glade candle I 
had sitting on the table.  I put my nose
in the jar and didn't smell anything.
I then put it up to Tony's nose
and asked if it had a strong scent.
He backed away saying it had
a very strong scent.


Should I be concerned that some
of my senses have gone haywire
or should I just blame it on the
pneumonia and upper respiratory infection
and just ride it out to see if it
clears up over time.


I can usually smell anything.
Tony calls me a hound dog
because I can pick up on even the tiniest exhaust
leaks on cars, gas leaks, and 
smells that others can't smell.
My sniffer is on strike and
I ain't picking it!
I'm worried and hope it 
my smell and taste comes back.


------------------------------











No comments:

Post a Comment