Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

6-25-11

8:20pm

Mom, me, Tony and the boys went
to the church and neighborhood sale
this morning from 9-12:00pm.

I got 4 bags of clothes $1.00 for all.
.25 cents a bag!!
I ended up with in 4 Kroger bags:

for the boys- 
10 polo & t-shirts,
1 sweatshirt,
1 pair sweatpants

Tony-
2 polo shirts 

For myself-
1 pair of pants,
5 pairs of shorts,
1 sweater &
1 top.
2 baseball caps .10 cents each
9 pairs of socks .10 cents each
Mom got me a Yankee rose scented
candle at the church sale for .25 cents
and another cinnamon apple candle
at a yard sale for $1.00.


Avon Clearskin .25 cents.
I found one bottle on Ebay for $9.97!
Found at yard sale.
A bag of foam stamp snowflakes.
I looked all over the place last Christmas
for stamps just like these to make
my cookies with and couldn't find any.
.25 cents for the whole bag at a yard sale.
I was a happy camper!

Laundry hamper $2.00
found at church sale. 
Has a removable inner bag.
I also got a body pillow with case
at the church sale.  It didn't have a price
so when I was checking out the cashier
said $5.00.  I said, hmmm, I don't think so!
She quickly came down to $2.00.

Pool ladder found at yard sale.
Was $5 talked down to $4.
VERY good deal.
These Intex ladders sell for $40 to $50!!
 I find really good deals at yard sales.
Even though I think something is
an excellent price I ask if they would take less.
It never hurts to ask is my saying.
I'd say 95%
of the time it's worked for me
to get something lower
than their asking price.

And that was all for the sales today.

The rest of the afternoon we spent
mowing and weed whipping grass,
cleaning stuff off the carport and 
weeding out some of the shed.
And oh yeah, I crawled up on the roof
to blow off branches and helicopter
seeds that's been laying up there.
Also blew out the gutters again
because squirrels are chewing off
small branches and leaves to make
nests out of and they are making a mess.

Made a run to Tony's work
to dump a truckload.
 
It's also good to know steel scrappers
in the neighborhood because
they will come haul off anything
like fridges, microwaves, grills and so on
instead of waiting on bulk pickup. 


About 8:30-9:00pm this evening
some of the kids friends came over
wanting to jump in the pool after
probably playing basketball.
I warned them that the water had
gotten very chilly.
I haven't let our kids in it
in the past week or so because of it.
They didn't believe me and jumped in, lol.
Well let's just say they froze their 
woo hoo's off!!


No comments:

Post a Comment