Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

6-20-11

7:50am

I did not plant any vegetables in our front yard.
Tony came across this plant by our mailbox.
He thinks it may be a zucchini???
I'm not sure but we haven't weed whipped
it just in case it is.  It is a possibility
that the seed came from the birdfeeder
which is near the mailbox.  I no longer
have the bag of bird food to see
what kinds of seeds were in it.
Anyways, here are pictures of the leaves.




You can see the plant growing at the
base of the mailbox and the bird feeders
by the windows.

--------------------------------------

9:00am


Got pizza dough going in the bread machine.
I sliced up some rope Italian sausage with
some scissors and have it frying up
in a skillet with a little bbq sauce.  I'm going to use
this on top of pizzas along with
a sprinkling of fried onions and cheese.


You can make pizza with whatever you
have on had.  It does not have to
be the traditional kind.
About like soups and casseroles,
throw in whatever leftovers
or items you may have in your pantry,
fridge and freezer.


9:15am



Tony returned home this morning
after going to work.  I'm glad
because he doesn't seem well enough
to be working!
He and another guy at work traded
the on call pager so we don't have
to worry about that.


----------------------------------


10:30M


Making the pizza crust
and getting ready to 
press it into pans.
Pizza all ready for supper.
Just needs baked.
I didn't have any tomato sauces
or ranch dressing so ended up
using ketchup for the sauce.


--------------------------------------



Budget-Meals.org
Slashing Grocery Budgets... One Family at a Time


Budget-Meals was featured on
NBC4.com.
The whole idea about this site is how to 
slash your food bills.
and how to feed a family of 4 on $300 a month.
To me I think that is still too much to
spend.  I try to only spend about $100 to
$160 tops a month for a family of 4.
When I get into my coupon kick then
I try to only spend $35 a week.
Couponing is a lot of work but so
worth it in the end.

I did check out the web site to 
see what it was about and read some
of the information they had which
was useful.
and coupon web sites for those
looking to do coupons.
 Most printable coupon sites will
request that you download a 
coupon installer of some sort.
It is safe!!!
I think they do this to prevent
people from committing coupon fraud.
This way you can only print off
2 coupons in most cases.
Once you print off the first coupon
click your back one page button and it will
activate the coupon to print again
the second time.
That is usually the limit and it
won't allow you to print anymore
unless you are lucky enough to
have more than one computer.

What about teaching these kinds
of classes at senior centers?
Mom is a member at a senior citizens
recreation center and they offer
all sorts of classes.  My first question
to mom was, do they offer a class
about couponing, shopping for food on a limited
income, cutting back on expenses,
low cost recipes, freezing & storing food,
& stockpiling?  
Senior citizens are on a limited income.
Wouldn't this benefit them?
I think they ought to teach this stuff
in high school home economics classes as well!! 

----------------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment