Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

6-27-11

8:30am

Was watching Good Day Columbus
and saw a segment about this web site
This blog is not only to inspire others with amazing thrift store finds but to also teach others how to live fabulously without spending a fortune.
-----------------------
8:45 - 9:45am

I decided to start painting the bathroom.
I'm using the free quart of paint
from Glidden called Quiet Rain.
I am loving this really soft blue color.
It flows well with the camel
color in the hallway which
is a soft yellowy-orange color.
Blue and Orange are complimentary
colors on the color wheel and go 
with one another.
And in the bathroom I have greenish
color floors so the blue goes with
it because they are both cool colors.

I still have to put Kilz over the
paint test areas or those areas
will result in a different color.
It's a start, got the tub painted and
now working on the walls.
I'm doing the lower part of the 
walls at the moment because I don't
know when or if I'll get to putting
the beadboard wallpaper up.
So for now I don't want it looking
half finished.
Before

 After
 
Before
 
After
 
 Shower curtain I will use.
 --------------------------------------------



10:15am



-----------------------------------------

11:30 - 12:00pm


Finally got back in the bathroom
to do some more painting.
Half the bathroom is done.
Had to stop to make some brunch
for the kids and then I went to
Speedway.  I also called and got
Tony a doctor's appointment
for Thursday afternoon.
I told her I wanted to change doctors.
The receptionist said I could
only change doctor's once and was
I sure if I wanted to.
It wasn't the regular receptionist
who's all nice and knows us.
I said uh, yeah, I'm tired of the other
doctor diagnosing my husband wrong
with piddly crap
when he has more serious conditions.
I can't deal with that.
We go in and doc said he has a cold
when a second opinion and another
doctor later says he has pneumonia.
Another visit this doctor said
he had an injured knee and when
we got another doctor's second opinion
he in fact had cellulitis and ended
up in the hospital for 3 days.
Because if not treated celluitis
could eat at your skin and insides!
Then my family doctor saw him
once and said the other doctor
didn't have his prescriptions right.
Also this doctor doesn't preform
all the right procedures every time
my husband goes in for a visit.
He's supposed to do regular checkups,
including checking the feet,
when someone has diabetes.
He does not!
Because if not watched closely
diabetics can get infections in their
foot skin that can cause gangrene
which could result in the loss of
feet or legs!!!

So after all these visits
and getting second opinions
wasting our money I am so
done with this other doctor!!


I said to the receptionist after telling her
the above, yeah, I think I'm pretty done
with this doctor!!

What I don't get is we are told
we can only change doctor's once
by choice but sometimes their
doctors leave that building to move
on and go elsewhere and they
don't hesitate hooking you
up with doctor after different doctor
by their choice whether these
doctors fits your needs or not.

Ok I'm done rambling.
I hope I did good at finding him
another doctor at that office.
I did not let them pick one for
me and requested the doctor I have.


Anyway here's my painting so far.


Before
You can see where I tried
a different colored paint
called cyprus grass (around door) on the walls
and didn't like it.
The light blue seems more
soothing for a bathroom.
After


----------------------------------------


1:20pm


Got the back upper wall by the tub
done and round the mirror and
shelf above toilet.
Slowly getting there.
The blue is showing darker in the
photos when it is almost
a whitish-blue.
I can now change out my shower
curtains once the paint dries.
We've had this red microfiber
one for three years at this house
and a couple years in the apartment.
I think it's time for a change, lol.

Had the truck driver neighbor come
knocking on my door while painting.
Don't it figure while you're in the midst
of doing something like painting the
phone rings and people come to your door.
Anyway Tony told him yesterday
he was wanting to sell our car trailer for $600.
Coincidentally today truck driver
neighbor's brother had called him
asking if he knew anyone with a car
trailer.  See I told you God works
in mysterious ways!!
Anyway he's coming to look at
it this afternoon/evening.


-----------------------------


2:00pm


I'm done painting for today.
My arms and hands, which are
going numb, can't take much more.


So far what I have spent on redoing the bathroom-
Price of paint- FREE
Price of shower curtains- FREE
Wall decorations- FREE
Refinishing tub- $4.58


Before & After at the moment.

Need to go figure out what to
have for supper.
Might use the pork steaks I got
yesterday and make homemade ridged
potato fries to go with it.


------------------------------------


4:00pm


Supper


Sliced up some potatoes on
a ridged cutter.  
Sliced the two pork steaks
into 7 servings.
Seasoned steak fries with BBQ seasoning.

I then cut up and fried a 
1/2 pound of bacon til crispy.
Drained on paper towel.
In food processor add
Italian bread crumbs, parmesan cheese,
bbq seasoning & bacon.
Pulse for 1 minute.
Next dip pork steaks into
ranch dressing with bacon
then coat with the breading mixture.
Place into greased casserole dish.
Bake with fries.



-------------------------------------







No comments:

Post a Comment