Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

6-13-11



9:15am

Got a load of dishes in the dishwasher.
Getting ready to finish up the laundry.
Have a load in dryer, washer and
one more load to go.
I really should wash up all the blankets
and bedding this week and
put on the clothesline to dry.
We'll see how motivated and how
much energy I have first.

Breakfast was easy this morning.
Threw some leftover homemade blueberry
waffles in the toaster and served
with cream cheese filled strawberries.
Sugar-free syrup on top.
I don't add butter as that
only adds to the fat intake.
 
------------------------------------- 

For supper tonight we'll have beef stew.
I bought 2 cans of beef stew from 
Aldis last week.  I'll cube up a few
extra potatoes that needs used up.
Maybe add a can of green beans
and a sliced up onion
to throw into it as well to stretch it further.
I'll boil up the cubed potatoes first
then throw everything in the crock
later on this afternoon to warm up.

Lunch will be grilled cheese.
Something simple.

---------------------------------

Family Dollar Father's Day gift idea-
Solid color polo shirts $4.00.



27 Family Dollar Printable Coupons.
I don't think you can combine their
store coupons with manufacture coupons.
I tried it once and it didn't work out for me.

------------------------------
  
3:30pm

Got supper started.
Sherry's Semi-Homemade Beef Stew


Add 2 cans beef stew into crock pot on low.
Stir in a can of sliced carrots.
In a small skillet add one large onion
cut up in quarters along with a couple
tablespoons of butter and steak sauce.
Season with Mrs. Dash.
Saute until tender then stir into
crock pot.
Peel 3 large potatoes and cut into
large cubes.  Boil in water til tender.
Then stir into other ingredients in crock.
I always boil my potatoes separately. 
I've never had luck with them
getting completely cooked in the crock.



2 cans beef stew $3.00
1 can sliced carrots- free from mom
1 large onion- .50 cents
3 large potatoes- .60 cents
seasoning & sauce- .05 cents


Total cost: $4.15
Serves about 8 @ .51 cents a serving



------------------------------


Garden Update


The Daylilies started to bloom yesterday.

bush beans
Pole beans.
Some have climbed half way
up the fence.
Banana Peppers
Tomatoes


------------------------------------


With warmer weather and Summer
almost here keep your eyes peeled
for coupons, especially at
convenience stores.
Here's a little stash I had in my 
purse that I found in the last couple
of days.


-$1.00 off 2 Skittles or Starburst 
found yesterday at Walmart.
Should make for some freebies if
I find them on sale for .50 cents each.
Just tonight I found these at Kroger:
-.35 cents off Weber seasonings

-$1.00 off 2 two liters coke
And today in Speedway Jonathan
found these coupons on the ice cream freezer:
-$1.00 off Bryers pint ice cream.
-.50 cents off Klondike bars
-.50 cents off Klondike Choco Tacos




------------------------


I tried this afternoon to get my new
printer up and running.  Didn't have
much luck.  Tomorrow I might try it
on a different computer.
Whatever works to print coupons.


-----------------------------------


8:50pm


Don't know what it is when the evening rolls
around.  It seems like if I slow down 
my body starts hurting.  Time to pop
some ibuprofen and go lay down soon.
Tony still has his hacking cough.
I'm still blowing my nose several
times a day.  I've been going at this
for over a month now.  Tony's
had his for 5 days now.

Gonna go lay down now,

night night.


---------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment