Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

6-10-11

7:25am

After looking at the SNP paper
and checking Craigslist I found
a bunch of church sales for those
that live in NE Columbus to Westerville.

Linden Lutheran Church
1230 Oakland Park Ave.
Fri/Sat 9-2
Westerville Community Church of Christ
 770 County Line Rd. Westerville
Fri/Sat 9-3 

McKendree United Methodist Church
3330 Cleveland Ave.
Sat. 9-2

Church sale
Cleveland Ave between Morse Rd
and Ferris Rd.  Friday 9-?

Redeemers Church
95 Sunbury Rd. Westerville
8-5 Fri/Sat.

Church of the Nazarene
355 Cherrington Rd. Westerville
Fri. 9-3 Sat. 9-1

And the one at N. Hight St. & Henderson Rd.
Sat? tomorrow.
Patio sale.

---------------------------

7:30am

Sitting here watching Good Day Columbus
on Fox 28.
The Duggar family is in Columbus!
This is the family with their own tv show
called 20 Kids and Counting!

from food to laundry detergent.

They are having a book signing tour
and are in Columbus today.
They will be at 
Barnes & Noble
1739 Olentangy River Rd.
Columbus, OH 43212
at 12:00 - 2pm


----------------------------------------

12:30pm


Back home from sales.
I think we broke
a record today
of going to 4 church sales.
 Sign for mom's kitchen
for Christmas $1.00
Large fish tank, I wanna say
around 35 to 40 gallons. $4.00.
I got it for our gerbils which
are currently in a 10 gallon.
We wanted to give them more
space to roam and taller sides
so they can't get out!
Shoe for comparison.
Current tank they are in.
Box of hair frosting kit
and a box of hair color .25 cents each.
Vanilla candle .25 cents
new large bottle of seasoning salt .10 cents
Electric knife $1.00
Tony's been wanting one for
our Thanksgiving turkeys 
and our hams at Christmas.
Black & white polo shirt
for Christopher .50 cents
Yellow polo shirt for Tony .50 cents
And top for myself .50 cents
 Jonathan found himself a pair
of Nike tennis shoes for .50 cents.
He's been wanting another pair of shoes
since his other ones are getting too small.
And lastly something I've been
wanting since we moved into
our own house, a hammock $7.50.
Hammocks, whether new or used
for a good one, are not cheap.
My in-laws bought a used one
for their mobile home up at Indian Lake
last year for $50.
New ones go for $90 to over $150.
 For lunch we went to Dominos
and got the $3.99 large one topping pizza.
While waiting for pizza we stopped
in Aldis which was in the same shopping center.
I stocked up on some ground turkey
and bought 5 pounds of it at
$1.29 a pound.  LOTS cheaper
than hamburger or ground sausage
that costs over $3 a pound!!

-----------------------------------------

3:15pm


Got the gerbil cage transferred over
to the new one we just got.
Gerbils don't know which way to
go with all the room they have now, lol.


Tony just called from work and
he sounds awful!  I told him he needs
to rest and keep taking his medicine
this weekend.  
Everyone has runny noses in this household.
Good thing I bought that 32 pack of
toilet paper from Menards because
we sure are going through a lot of
tissues for blowing noses.
I don't know what the deal is around here.
You'd think with the warmer weather
we wouldn't be sick like in the Winter time.


I don't have to worry about making
supper tonight.  Mom's making up
a big batch of cabbage rolls and will
be bringing us some down for supper.
That's nice of her!


The house is going to pot with all
the sick people around here.
I'm hoping to get caught up some with
cleaning it this weekend.
I just haven't had the energy to keep
up with it.
I was wore out after a couple hours
of church saling this morning.
I tried to come home and rest
my eyes and bod for a few only
to hear a chain saw revving right
outside my bedroom window.
The neighbor was having a small tree
cut down in between our houses.
And of course he hired a friend of
ours that lived down the street
so we all went outside to chat
to them while they were cutting
away at the tree.  It was a father and his
kids that are friends of our kids
doing the work.  The kids got
invited to their birthday party next
Wednesday.  


---------------------------------


4:25pm


I finally got around to work
on the food pantry box for
mom's church.  She asked me like
two weeks ago to do it.
But between being sick and trying
to collect materials for it
I just got the letters cut out for it.
Now I need to put them on a poster
board.
The old box.
What I've gotten done so far.
I cut all the letters out of
food boxes and packages.
I think I'll put each letter on
a darker background before
putting on the posterboard
so that way they will pop out.


--------------------------------

6:40pm

Took a sneak peak at Meijers ad
for next week.
Here's some cheapie on sale items-


John Morell sausage $1.00
Meijer pasta or whole grain pasta .79 cents
Meijer canned beans .69 cents
V05 shampoo or conditioner .79 cents





No comments:

Post a Comment