Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

6-15-11

11:55pm

I spent the last couple of hours
making my recent cupcake for the contest.
I must be on Santa's naughty list
because he wasn't playing very nice.
Now I gotta go clean up my kitchen
because it is wiped out from cupcake
making.

----------------------------------

12:45pm


Ever have one of those days where
you have no energy and can't get motivated?
That's one of those days for me.
Don't know if it has anything to do with
the cloudy and cooler weather but I 
sure wish I could just crawl back into bed.


Tony called and said tomorrow evening
we're going to our friend's house
in Blacklick for a cookout.
Says I need to make a side dish to bring.
Don't have any clue as to what
to make.  

We're heading to Kroger
tonight to refill prescriptions
so hopefully I'll figure something out by then.
Plus while in Kroger we plan to pick
up a couple Father's Day gifts.
All their OSU items have been 50%
off at the Henderson Kroger so 
we might go that route.
Would also like to find boxes
so I can start weeding out more stuff.




Saturday we're heading to
Indian Lake to visit Tony's mom & dad.

 Well I think I'm just gonna chill
for now and go lay on the couch
and watch some tv.
I don't feel like doing much of
anything else at the moment.


------------------------------


2:10pm


Decided to color my hair.  I'm
tired of everyone pointing out how
many gray hairs I have!
I went with Revlon's Golden Blonde on
top of golden light brown.
Something I had in the cupboard
and probably got free at one time.
I'll go a little lighter in the Summer
time and darker in the Winter months.


-----------------------------


2:50pm


The end result of hair coloring.
I would have liked for it to 
of been a little more blonder.
Oh well, plenty more hair color
in the closet to try again another day.

I had blonde hair when little and now
that I am older the hormones have
changed my hair color over to
a darker color.
I'll try to get it back over to blonde
but it's such a pain in the rear to 
keep up with it now with darker
roots is why I went to the golden
brown color so I wouldn't have
to color it as often.


--------------------------------

9:50pm

It's not been a good evening.
For starters Tony decided to check
the oil in the car at work before
leaving.  He forgot to put the oil
cap back on and started driving home.  It blew oil all over the motor.
He was late getting home considering
the car smoked like crazy & smelled from
the oil burning off the engine.
He had my nerves on end waiting for him to come home saying he had gone back to work and put a fire extinguisher
in the car for the ride home in case
there was any problems,
it smoked that bad!
Men!  AHHHHH!
And they wonder why us women
have to color our hair to cover up the gray!!


We went to Kroger this evening
to get a refill for Tony's prescription
and guess what?
They didn't have any in stock!
This is an every day diabetic
medication.  They say they should
have it tomorrow evening to pick
it up then.


I did find a great deal in the mark down
bin at Kroger.  I found bottles of
fish oil capsules 200 count for $4.00.
It was originally $19.00 a bottle!!
I stocked up and got 3 bottles.
Tony takes these because the doctor
recommends them for those with diabetes.
I did come up with an idea for
the cook out we're attending tomorrow.
I'll be bringing cream cheese filled
strawberries.  And of course the
strawberries weren't really on sale
at $1.90 a pound and I got 2 pounds.
So $3.80 to make 2 pounds
plus I had leftover cream cheese filling
from the last batch I made earlier this week.
I guess that $3.80 ain't too bad for a side
dish to take to a cook out.


We did end up getting each of our
dad's an OSU t-shirt for Father's day
from Kroger.  They were originally
$11.99 but marked down 50% off
so got two for the price of one.


We also got everyone a Father's Day card.
I thought the one I picked out for Tony
was funny.
Front-
Inside-
Cards are ridiculously priced anymore!
Now a basic card costs $3 - $4.
Crazy for a piece of printed paper.
I need to figure out this new printer
and start printing out my own cards
for free!!


------------------------------------------





No comments:

Post a Comment