Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

6-8-11

7:35am

Another yucky, hot & sticky day.
Supposed to be 95 degrees
but feel like 100 degrees today.
I already went out and removed the
pool cover so it can allow
the water to warm in the heat.
And I also watered the veggies
& grapevine.  If you water
early morning or late evening
there's less evaporation and more
water that gets to the plants.

Garden Update
Early Girl Tomatoes
Sweet 100 Tomatoes
Beans
Banana Peppers

---------------------------------------

I saw these free Blockbuster Express
codes on Good Day Columbus Fox 28.
It's from Deal Seeking Mom.
Get up to five free DVD rentals at your local Blockbuster Express! Simply use one of the following codes:
  • 22JMEB4 (good through 6/8)
  • 25ASJA9 (good through 6/13)
  • 29BACC2 (good through 6/13)
  • 25JBHS7 (good through 6/13)
  • 26RRAP8 (good through 6/13)
These can be used once per debit/credit card, so you can rent more than one for free by using different cards.

------------------------------
8:05am

Made up a batch of 
sugar-free vanilla pudding pops.
1 large box sugar-free pudding mix
3 cups fat-free milk
paper cups or muffin tins
popsicle sticks or plastic spoons.
I used silicone muffin pans.
Fill cups with pudding mix
and insert sticks or spoons
into centers.  Put in freezer until hardened.

Great fat-free, sugar-free treats
for kids and diabetics.

Another Summer time treat
for diabetics & kids-

Fruit with cream cheese dip

Mix 4 ounce fat-free cream
cheese with 1/4 cup low-sugar
or sugar-free marmalade
(or other preserves)
along with 1/4 tsp almond extract.

Serve with sliced apples, grapes, strawberries.

----------------------------------

9:05am




Got a couple batches of different
sized cupcakes baking.
I figured I'd bake them now
before the heat of the day.
Then I'll work on some more
cupcake creations.

----------------------------------

12:30pm

It's 89 degrees but feels like 94 degrees.
According to weather.com
they say we could have a high
today of 97 degrees.

I got all curtains and blinds closed.
The air conditioner is
set at 76 degrees and it feel nice
in here. I actually wear a sweater at times.
 If anyone thinks that it feels too
warm in here I tell them to
go outside for a few then come
back in.  76 degrees is a comfortable
temperature.  For every 3 degrees
you can adjust your thermostat
it can make a difference in your
electric bill.  

Kids have been planted in front
of tvs today so I made up some
lunch of ham and cheese sandwiches,
pringles chips and frozen pudding pops.
I then laid a blanket
on the grass out back and told
the kids we were having a 
picnic and watching the birds
at the bird bath while we ate.
The back yard is almost all shaded
so it felt nice out there.
That was one of the reasons for
getting this house, all the large trees.
It helps to keep half the backside
of the house cooler.  And by having
a house that faces North, we don't
get any direct sun.
 I have found the bird bath knocked
over a few times.  I figure it was
from squirrels or cats trying to get
a drink of water.  So to keep this
from happening I filled up the bowl
of another metal bird bath and
placed it on the ground for all
the four legged critters.


------------------------------------


2:00pm


92 but feels like 95 degrees.


I've been working on a cupcake.
It's gonna take awhile
with all the little details and things
that need put together.


----------------------------


4:45pm


Done with recent cupcake.


How hot is it outside?
I was taking pictures of my cupcake
outside in the grass.  It only took
seconds to do.  When I picked the
plate up out of the grass the roof
of the cupcake came crashing
down because the chocolate
holding it together melted that fast!!




----------------------------------


------------------------------------

5:15pm

Supper


Pollock fillets dipped in
italian dressing & egg
then dipped in italian bread crumbs
mixed with parmesan cheese &
Mrs. Dash seasoning.


Tuna pasta salad-


Twisty colored pasta
with italian & ranch dressing & parmesan mixed
in.  Added a can of diced tomatoes
and a large can of tuna fish.



--------------------------------------


9:00pm


I was browsing Family Dollar's
online ads and wanted to note
a few good deals I saw.
Good til 6-27


-ladies tops and shorts $4.00 each
-men's polo shirts $4.00 each
-cuddle soft fabric softener 51 loads $2.00


--------------------------------------


Tomorrow me, mom and the kids
are going to two church sales.
I'm amazed that they both are
on a Thursday.  That seemed unusual.
I'll let you know how it turns out.


Right now we're all getting ready
to head to bed.  Tony seems like he's
gotten what I have with the congestion
and coughing.  Mom's the same way.
And today a guy at my honey's work
left early to go to the doctor's.
Doc said he had bronchitis.
Not sure what is going around but
I sure wish it would go away!!!
In 3 days it will make a month
that I've been sick with it!!
You'd think with the warmer
weather we'd all be less sick.


----------------------------------


























No comments:

Post a Comment