Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

6-19-11

Happy Father's Day!!





We got the $3 fountain up and running
in the birdbath for now.
I love the fact that it is solar and
doesn't require batteries or electricity!
Pretty cool huh.  
Tony liked his gift was really neat,
something he's never seen before.
It came with three different type
sprayer heads that can be changed.


Garden Update.
Things are looking well in the flower
and vegetable gardens.
The Daylilies are popping open
all over the place.  These were all
free for a little work of digging them all up.
I like the fact that I can plant them under
shade trees and have had no problems with them.
Front yard. 
 Front corner of yard.

 Side yard.


Back yard under pine tree
planted with hostas which were free also.
 Back yard planted with tomatoes.
Tomatoes are starting to pop
up all over!  Sorry I didn't get a pic of them.
I planted them May 21st, almost a month ago.  They've come a long way!
Almost as tall as the daylily flowers!
Before.

Bush beans are blooming.


Pole beans.


Grapevine is coming along.
It's only a couple years old
so it's still a young grapevine.
It will get larger over the years.


I discovered a wild morning glory flower
growing along our fence.
Morning Glories are actually considered
weeds in some countries because
they become out of control
and can take over.  I find their vines
all over the yard on everything including
my tomatoes, fence, and other veggies.

---------------------------------------

12:00pm

Getting ready to head down to 
see my step-dad and give him
his gifts and card.
---------------------------------

1:00pm


Mom's daylilies I planted for her.

 Blue Jay on mom's fence.
Light reflecting in his eye
from camera flash.  Looks possessed!

Tony got a bag of pistachios,
Wild Country cologne and
Black Suede Leather cologne.
Step-dad with his gifts.



-------------------------------


3:45pm




Father's Day Supper-


Brats, Baked Potatoes & Corn on the Cob


pkg brats- $2.99
4 potatoes (cut in halves)- .56 cents
Baked potato topping mix 
 $1.50
3 ears of corn (cut in halves)- $1.05
5 hot dog buns- .60 cents


Total cost- $6.70
serves 5 @ $1.34 a serving


This is how I did Jonathan's & mine's brat.

I sliced the brats down the middle,
added 1/2 of a cheese slice cut in half
then added a bread & butter pickle slice.
Topped off with mustard & ketchup.



-----------------------------------------


5:30pm


Went out and mowed the front and
side yards.  So loving this riding mower!
 Makes my job easier and quicker.
 Now moving on to getting some 
laundry switched over.

I don't know how my honey
is gonna get through this week
at work.  He has the on call pager
on top of regular work and
being sick.  Then it's supposed to
get hot out which won't be good
for his breathing.  I had to switch
on the air conditioner yesterday to take
the humidity out of the air to somewhat
lessen his coughing fits.  I notice
if he goes outside that it can trigger one.
It's been 5 weeks since having
my pneumonia and I am still having
coughing fits with phlegm.
Just can't seem to shake this crap!


------------------------------







No comments:

Post a Comment