Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

6-12-11

8:35am

I just checked weather.com
and saw that this week the temperatures
are supposed to be 75 to 78
degrees for the highs with no rain
expected til Thursday.
Maybe I could give the air conditioner
a rest and cut back on the electric bill.
I hope the forecasts are correct because
I want to do a couple painting projects.
One is taking down all the shutters
and repainting them.
The other is I want to work on our bathtub.
And in order to do this I need
to be able to have the bathroom window
open for ventilation.

------------------------------------
10:00am

Breakfast-

I had a half can of blueberry pie
filling in the fridge.  I decided
to make up a double batch
of homemade blueberry waffles.

1/2 can pie filling -free
(leftovers I consider a freebie
because they were already calculated
for something else)
4 eggs .32 cents
4 cups Bisquick .10 cents
(got really cheap with sales & coupons)
1 pkg. maple sausage $1.50
4 eggs .32 cents
2 cups milk .25 cents
leftover pork tenderloin- free
(I chopped tenderloin up into small
pieces and added them to the tops
of eggs when frying)

Total cost- $2.49
Serves 13 @ .19 cents a serving.

Makes 4 servings 
with waffles, eggs & sausage.
And an additional 9 servings
with just waffles alone.
Made a total of 18 waffles this morning.

-------------------------------

Walgreens deal this week.

Dial Nutriskin lotion 12 or 21 oz Buy 1 get Free
Buy 2 Dial Nutriskin 12oz lotions $4.99 each
Minus Buy 1 get 1 Free sale = $4.99 for both
Use 2 $2/1 coupons found in the 6/12 RP
(Or use 2 $1/1 Dial Nutriskin coupon found here (must “like” on Facebook) )
Final cost as low as $0.99 total – just $0.50 each!
 -----------------------------------
 CVS deal
*Tic Tac single pack 1 oz Buy 2 get the 3rd one for $0.01
Use the $0.55/2 coupons found here
Plus, use the $1/1 coupon found in the 6/12 RP 
(if you received it)
Final cost ? (If these single packs are priced around $1, you’ll pay $0.46 for all 3 packs!)
------------------------------------ 


 Passionate Penny Pincher Recipes 6/2
 

I have TONS of Koolaid that I got
for very cheap a year or two ago.
I thought about making homemade
snow cones for the boys one day.
Our fridge makes crushed ice in the door.
You could try to put ice cubes in
a blender to crush them.
I would like to make mine from
splenda instead of sugar.


Snow Cone Syrup


1 pkt Koolaid
3/4 cup water
1 cup sugar


Mix together and put into squeeze bottle.
I found plastic condiment ketchup/mustard
bottles at a yard sale for .10 cents each.
Pour over crushed ice.


I also have a bunch of containers
of country time lemonade with sugar already
in it that I could
make up and reduce the amount of
water to make the syrup with.
I think I got these for about .25 - .50 cents each!


-----------------------------


11:40am


Yesterday we bought a pouch of pool
chemicals and put it in the pool last
night.  It seems to be working as it
took out the dingy looking water
and made it more clear by this morning.
There is a pump on the pool
that helps some.
We have a cover that we use every night
over the pool but during the day with kids
jumping in and out it still gets debris in it.
So this morning I made a pool skimmer
to remove leaves, grass and any bugs.
I took a wire hanger and bent it
into a circle.  I then recycled the screen
I had on top of the old gerbil cage and
cut out a circle a couple inches larger
than the wire hanger.  I then hot glued
the screen around the wire.
I used an old broom handle and some
more wire and attached the screen
to the handle.
Wallah, pool skimmer!



------------------------------------


12:15pm


I just turned off the air conditioner,
opened all the windows and have
fans blowing.  
Weather.com says it 70 degrees out.  I've had the AC on for about the last two weeks with
90 degree temps so want
to try and get the electric bill to
stay within reason.
When it's about 84 degrees and above
with humidity
is when I use the air conditioner
or if there will be an air quality alert.
An air quality alert is usually for young kids,
elderly and for those with breathing problems.
Which we qualify for all three
to have to run the ac on those days.
So I'd rather run the ac and pay a little
more then than jeopardizing our health.


------------------------------------


1:05pm


Mama robin with her two babies.


Mama to the front left of tree
and babies on the right of red chair.
Babies
They don't have very long
tail feathers but can still fly.

Mama with each baby 
teaching them how to hunt for food.



-----------------------------


2:30pm


I got my laundry started.
I'm using the dryer today
instead of the line :0(
I know bad me, but I don't feel
like running in and outdoors with
everything I'm trying to get done.
Hubby's been resting on the couch
for most of the day.  He's still coughing
but his cough sounds a little better.


I made about 30 cream cheese
filled strawberries.
These are so yummy!
I also made up some snow cone
syrup out of what was left in
a canister of Koolaid.
And I have a large pot of
catfish nuggets boiling.
I added some seasoned pepper salt
and a little red wine vinegar to the water.
Once done I'll drain, flake and
make like you would a salmon patty
then fry up in the skillet.
2.3 pounds of catfish nuggets was
marked down to $4.17.


----------------------------------


3:50pm


Got all the catfish patties made.
I ended up with 13 of them.


1.5 cups crushed crackers .25 cents
1/2 cup mayo .25 cents
pepper seasoning salt
red wine vinegar
1 egg .08 cents
2.33 pounds catfish nuggets $4.17


Total cost- $4.75
makes 13 helpings @ .36 cents a serving


For supper we just made something
simple like sandwiches with mayo
and cheese.


The remaining patties will go in 
the freezer.
Place sheets of waxed paper
in between each patty and
put in zippered freezer bag.


----------------------------------


7:00pm


Just back from taking the kids
out to McDonalds to get
some .59 cent ice cream cones.
Then we stopped in Big Lots
to get a set of ratcheting straps.


Got home and put the hammock up.
It's not exactly what I thought it was
but I guess it'll work for now til
I find a larger one with the 
wooden dowels going across each end.

Now all we need to do is set up
the cornhole game, pitch a tent,
get out the fire pit ,
(oh yeah, I gave away the fire pit we had, bummer)
and we'd have our own little camp/
vacation resort in our backyard, lol.
If I did something like that I'd
probably never get rid of neighborhood
kids at our house.


-------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment