Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

5-5-11

7:50pm
Tony had to scrape his car windows
this morning.
I read that the last frost in Columbus
is around May 9th for those
looking to plant a garden.
-----------------------------------

 9:00-11:00am

I worked on a design for Christopher's
jeans.  I decided to do a tiger.
My sketch-
Then I colored in the areas
that are going to be black.


I also got some of the fondant tinted
for a cupcake project I'm working
on.  The one ball is not green.
It is wrapped in green saran wrap.
I did a tanish brown and a red.



---------------------------------


12:00pm


Got some rising pizza crust going
in the bread machine.
I let the bread machine do
all the mixing and kneading
then once it's done I remove it
and press it out onto two pizza pans.
If you select the pizza dough cycle
then it won't bake it in the bread machine.
I got fresh mushrooms and cheese
yesterday at Kroger.
I had coupons for both.
I already had pepperoni in the freezer.
I also got a can of Hunts spaghetti sauce.
I'll use some as pizza sauce
then the rest will be used for
a parmesan chicken meal
with spaghetti.


--------------------------


I am starting to plan my garden.
So today I went out and took
pictures of the yard and noted
the time.  I want to see what
areas get sun and when.
If you plant tomatoes they really
like the warmth of the sun and
need a really sunny spot.
Since I am not planting them
in the same area as last year
I need to find a new area this year
and find just the right spot that
gets sun most of the day.


11:45am
2:15pm
 11:45am
 2:15pm
11:45am
 2:15pm
11:45am

2:15pm
 11:45am
2:15pm
 And while walking around the
yard I saw that my Morning Glories
are starting to pop up.
In the Fall when the vines dry up
I pop open the seed pods
and let them fall to the ground.
They will then return on their
own in the Spring.


------------------------------


2:30pm


Got the pizza dough spread out
on the pans.
HERE is the recipe for it.
I've been using this one with good results.
The recipe says you can add toppings
to the raw dough then bake.
I like to bake it a little before hand.


Before going into oven.
I sprayed the top with
a light coat of canola oil
and sprinkled a little
Italian seasoning on the crust.


I baked for about 10 minutes
til the crust puffed up.
Then pulled it out of the oven
and let it cool.

 3:00pm

I used just a small amount
of spaghetti sauce for the pizza
sauce.  Remaining sauce and
leftover mushrooms will go towards
the parmesan chicken.


All put together.
Now all I have to do is bake
them but that won't be til
about 5:30pm.
One has pepperonis
and the other pepperoni & mushrooms.


3:15pm


Got a couple batches
of Devil's Food cupcakes
made and going into the oven.
I got three different sizes.


------------------------------


3:45pm


I figured out how to make
a simple trellis for my grapevine
with supplies I had on hand.
All it took was about 6 screws
and some wire.


On each fence post on the sides
of the grapevine I put in
3 screws then stretched wire
across in 3 lines.
I then carefully removed my grapevine
from a previous trellis and
put it on the new wire for
it to grow upon.


I'm going to use this same
idea with the raspberry bushes 
on the back fence.
This here is the side fence near
the road/parking area.


-------------------------------


4:45pm


Fresh pizza just outta the oven.




5:00pm


Here is another one of
my cupcakes I'm submitting
to the jelly bean cupcake contest.
Just got done making him.
Dog- regular cupcake wrapped
in fondant.  Jelly bean feet,
eyes & nose.
Bowl- mini cupcake hollowed out.
Jelly bean dog food.


----------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment