Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5-3-11

9:30am

I'm still in a crafty mood this morning
so decided to try and come up
with some designs for a pair of jeans.
I can't afford stencils and
of course my printer hasn't worked
with no ink for quite awhile so
had to hand draw these design.
Not sure how I want to put it on 
the jeans but at least I have the designs
drawn out.  It would probably work better
on a lighter colored pair of jeans.
Colors on the butterfly
will probably be different.  I just colored
them in to see the different spaces
in the butterfly wings.

It's like having tattoos but they
are on jeans instead of getting the
real thing.

Different ideas I came up
with-


---------------------------------

The kids nor Tony could
believe I decorated my own
jeans yesterday.  Tony says,
where'd you get those jeans?
I don't remember those.
And when I told Jonathan I did
the design on my jeans he said,
nuh uh!  So I had to show him
the pictures I took of when I made it.
Now Jonathan wants me to
make him a pair.
So I've been trying to come
up with a design for boys.


11:00am


Here is my design with
sketchings of where I drew it
out first with pen.
This is to prove I didn't
copy it from the computer!



------------------------------


11:20am


Had to call mom to come get me
because the school called and
said Christopher was sick.
They said he had a temperature
of 99.8 and a cough.
That to me doesn't sound like a 
big reason to come home but
I went over and got him anyway.


I've been giving him cough syrup
with honey, cough drops &
hard candy to suck on.


Today once back home I 
slathered a bunch of Vicks
on the bottoms of his feet
and put his socks back on.
That's supposed to help coughs
so we'll see.

We stopped by Taco Bell for
a cheap lunch with the $2.00 meals.


---------------------------


Don't have to worry about
making supper tonight as I've already
got a big pot of ham & bean soup
in the fridge.  All it needs is warmed up.

I don't have any cornbread to go with
it which everyone likes.  I do have a
can of biscuits I could throw on
top of the soup while heating
 and make dumplings.


I am currently working
on writing up some
Jelly Belly cupcake ideas,
a recipe for Betty Crocker
when they have the cookie contest
and lastly, something for Jonathan
to take to school Friday for his birthday.
His birthday is Saturday.
He will be 10 years old.
I don't know if they are allowing
students to bring in treats or not to
school again.  I'll send them anyway.

So maybe I'll make cupcakes
and make a few extras to use
for the Jelly Belly contest.

I might also try my hand

with making fondant for the cupcakes.
Never made it before
but I see how nice it looks on cakes.

Fondant recipe #1


Fondant recipe #2


Marshmallow fluff fondant

Most people don't like the kneading
that it requires to make fondant.
If you don't have a mixer with
a dough hook try putting the fondant
in a bread machine and let
the paddle knead it for you.


---------------------------- 

5:45pm

I got Jonathan's jeans done.
The green could be darker
but the marker was running low.
I told him I made these for his birthday.
I also have to hem them.





-----------------------------


6:20pm


Supper-
ham & bean soup with dumplings.


----------------------------------


9:00pm


Tony got paged out.
I can't believe it's May and
he's getting no heat calls.



No comments:

Post a Comment