Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

5-4-11

8:10am

Thinking about making some cupcakes
today.  I read a tip about making cupcakes.
After making your cupcake batter
spoon it into a large zip bag
by setting the bag in a bowl
to hold it while pouring in the batter
then cut a small tip off of one of the corners.
Fill the cupcake tins with this method
so it's not as messy as filling
the traditional way.

-----------------------------

8:50am

Started working on making
some fondant.  Don't have enough
powdered sugar so in the fridge
it goes til I get to the store.


Got supper going in the crock pot.
I added a package of pork ribs
and about 1/3rd bottle of bbq sauce.
Later on I'll remove the pork ribs,
remove any fat and shred up.
Then add the remaining bbq sauce
for shredded bbq pork sandwiches.


----------------------------


I got Jonathan's pants done
except for hemming them.
Now Christopher wants me
to do him a pair.  Not sure
what design I'll use on his just yet.


-------------------------------------


supper-
bbq pulled pork sandwiches.
I grilled up the buns with a 
little butter and garlic powder.


-------------------------------


7:00pm


Got paged out for another 
no heat call.  Stopped in Kroger
afterwards.  I figure why make a
trip to the grocery store unless
Tony gets called out to work.
He gets paid a half hour each
way to go to and from work
so why not take advantage of
that to stop in the nearest Kroger.
Saves on gas.


I had a couple coupons from Kroger
in the mail recently
for freebies like a dozen eggs
and a bag of Ruffles potato chips.

I watched Extreme Couponing
earlier.  One lady had two shopping
carts full of stuff totaling 
$1077!!  After coupons she
paid around $25.
She had to do four different
transactions and even then
I think the cash register crashed
and locked up.
What I was wondering was this-
what in the world did she have
in only two shopping carts
that were worth over $1000??
She said she spent 60 hours a week
planning a list, cutting out coupons
and shopping!!
She also said she'd dumpster dive
coupons in the recycling bin and 
they showed her actually getting
in one.


I've been only shopping for a weeks
worth of groceries at a time.
I don't use coupons like I used to.
I mainly shop the cheap items
like store brands,
the mark down areas or
sales.


I wasn't sure if we would
get to the store this weekend
due to having the pager so I went
ahead and picked up some
things for next week.


--------------------------------


9:30pm


Got my fondant made.
I used the bread machine
to knead it about half way through.
 My first ever fondant.
I wrapped it in plastic wrap
and will have it in the fridge overnight.


-----------------------------





No comments:

Post a Comment