Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

5-20-11

12:30pm

I just returned home from yard sales.
So glad I didn't stay home today sick.
I would have not found my most
awesome deals in a long time!!
Most of these items came from
a neighborhood sale up off
Sunbury Rd near 161 behind Kroger.

This was my bestest deal of the day!!
These will be put back for the kids
for Christmas.  It's been something
they've been wanting for a long time
but I could not even afford a used
one til today.  The best part?
This sale had two identical ones
so I bought both for each kid!!

2 Razor electric scooters
both with batteries & chargers!
I knew how much these things
went for new and used.
Check them out HERE
at Kmart.  They was $140 each
but sale price is $115 each!!

I paid $5.00 for each one!!!!

So I'm strolling along at some
other sales with mom when I noticed
a regular scooter for sale, non electric,
only foot powered.
I says to mom, you wanna see what
a deal I got on those electric scooters?
I then asked the woman at the next
yard sale how much for the regular scooter.
She said $20!!  $20 for a regular scooter!!


Anyway moving onto to my other
awesome deals.

A tackle box full of fishing supplies
mostly new and still in wrappers!





The lady started at $10
I said, ehhhh.
Then she says $8.
I said, ehhhh.
I then said would you take $5?
She accepted!!
If you go fishing, you know
$5.00 is a hell of a deal!!!!!

The tackle box alone sells

------------------------------------

I found some of my favorite fishing
line at another sale.
I like the greenish yellow line
since you can see it better in the water.
I paid .75 cents.
A spool of fishing line like this
And the yellow-green color
is hard to find!




----------------------

I've told y'all I've been wanting
a soaker hose to attach to my rain barrels
for the garden.  
I found a brand new on still in the box
for only $1.00.
The original price was still on the 
box for $30!!!
It's an 80 foot hose.



----------------------------

Next I got a brand new hand held
steamer in the box for $2.00!!!
I love steamers for cleaning & laundry!
A brand new steamer just like


I almost missed this deal as I hadn't
planned to get out at this yard sale.
Mom did get out to look around.
I sat in the car and had noticed
it sitting in the drive way so hollered
to mom to see what it was and for
how much.  I got out soon after she told
me, lol.

-------------------------------

Next is a silicone bakeware set.
It has a pie, cupcake, loaf and sheet
or casserole dish in this set.
I've always wanted a set.
I paid $1.00 for all 4!! 
Brand name- Cooks by JC Penny.


I found Christopher a train clock
for Christmas.  It was $1.00.
It has train sounds on the hour
and the crossing signal lights up.

-------------------------

Christopher has been wanting 
an alarm clock radio for his room
I found one today for .25 cents.
Recently I bought the boys a toy
airport play set.  Today I found some
more metal planes they could use
with that set.
I paid .05 cents for each plane!
I got me a HUGE skein of yarn
for $1.00.  I wanted some
yarn for my weaving looms I 
got last weekend for $1.00.
This skein is as long as my microwave!



And I got a new Glade candle for .25 cents

------------------------------

Tony's been wanting some 
weed n feed for the yard but
the prices have scared him.
I found a 32 ounce new bottle
of Scotts weed n feed for .75 cents.
This runs about $17 a bottle .


Got Christopher two shirts.
$1.00 & .50 cents each.
And a shirt by Pepe Jeans of London.



I found these in a freebie box-
2 flower boxes, a flower pot
Farmer's Almanac and a Consumer Reports
buying guide.

 ------------------------------------

1:30pm

Nappy time!


---------------------------------


4:30pm


Why is it when we were kids
we'd find and capture catipillars
and play with them?


After getting close up photos of
the one Jonathan found on our carport
they look a little icky and creepy
up close and personal!




--------------------------------


6:15pm


I got one hexagon loom weave done.
This is the first I've ever made.
I'm guessing it took about 30-45 minutes.
They tying part is what takes so long.
This was made with the smallest
loom I had.  This would be great to do
with the bigger looms and make
a bunch of these to put together for
a blanket.
This one here is about the size of
a coaster.



-----------------------------------


9:30-10:30pm

Here's another one I did
while sitting in bed watching tv.
This was the mid to large size.
Both were a 2 layer meaning
I wrapped the loom twice
to give it twice the thickness.


------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment