Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

5-23-11

7:35am

I'm sorry I wasn't able to post
this yesterday as blogger wasn't
playing nice to me.
I really wanted to show you so
will try my best to post it
for the third time.
All the other attempts yesterday just disappeared
last night after publishing so I just
gave up and went to bed.
-----------------------------------

At around 8:00pm I was standing out
front under the overhang of the house
watching it rain.  I noticed to the 
West that it was starting to clear
and the sun was trying to peak out.
 I ran into the house to get my camera
when hubby asked what I was doing.
I said I predict a rainbow this evening
so want to have my camera ready
and waiting for it to appear.
All the conditions were right.
To the West the sun was trying to
shine, to the East was a backdrop of
dark clouds, and where I stood it
was raining but not too hard.
Hubby thought I was nuts for standing
in the drizzling rain for a rainbow.
I kept saying, It'll be here, you'll see!
So here are my photos of the 
birth of the most beautiful rainbow
I think I've ever seen.
All the pictures are better viewed
when you click on them.

So I was taking photos of the 
backside of the rain as it was passing.
I predicted where it would show up.

It played tricks with your eyes
at first but after a few moments
it began showing itself.
Hubby came outside to ask if I 
found the rainbow yet.
This is about the time it became
really visible.

I ran inside to tell the kids
about the rainbow.
The entire rainbow in three photos.
Still a little faint as the sun
is trying to shine brighter
and poke through the clouds
after the rain.


Rainbow over our home.
What's that starting to appear?
A double rainbow!

Of course I had to run back into
the house and tell the kids of
the double rainbow.
I love how the sky is darker
on one side and lighter on the other.



The sun really starts shining
making the colors of the rainbow
so vibrant!



One of my favorite photos.
It's almost like you could reach
out and touch the colors!





After the rain.





The world did not end 
with Judgement Day as predicted by some.

 On the evening of
Sunday May 22nd 2011, 
God made his appearance
in the form of a rainbow.

A rainbow is a sign and promise
from God to never to destroy the Earth again.

"And God said:  'This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
"'I set My RAINBOW in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.  It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the RAINBOW shall be seen in the cloud;  and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh;  the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.  The RAINBOW shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.' ” (Genesis 9:12-16)
-------------------------------------------------

12-12:30pm


I made up some homemade
Belgian waffles this morning
for a couple breakfasts this week.



I used a butter cake mix and mixed it
up according to the directions.
I then stirred in a 1/2 can of drained, crushed pineapple I had
leftover from making Hawaiian bread
along with a teaspoon of cinnamon.
I then poured 1/4 cups onto
my belgian waffle maker for each waffle.
 I was able to make 19 waffles
with the cake mix.
Only 18 shown as I had to taste
test one, lol.

-----------------------------------------


12:40pm


Mom just called.
She wants me to design and make
a new cover for the food pantry
wooden chest at her church.
I'm up for a challenge and
already have an idea.


My step-dad is ready to go
out and buy supplies to decorate
this box with!  I don't think so!
I will use what I have on hand.
Why buy art supplies to decorate
this food pantry box when that
money could be used to
buy food to donate!


Anyways I'll let you know what
I come up with when I make it.


----------------------------------


5:30pm


Tonight's supper-


Bacon wrapped chicken breasts
from freezer.

Sour cream & chive mashed potatoes
with tomato gravy.

Shell pasta boiled in water
with tomato sauce & seasoning.












No comments:

Post a Comment