Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5-10-11

8:40am

Sitting here planning out supper for tonight.
I have some chicken breasts thawing
out and will use those to make bacon
wrapped chicken.

This will make about 2 meals
or 8 servings.

Flatten out chicken breasts in
between a couple sheets of 
wax paper with a mallet.

Place cubes of cream cheese
rolled in dry ranch dressing mix
into center and roll chicken up.

Wrap slices of bacon around
chicken and secure with toothpicks.

2 chicken breasts
(divided up into 10 pieces)- $3.04
10 slices of bacon- .49 cents
8 ounce cream cheese- $1.20
ranch dressing mix- $1.00
1 cup mozarella cheese- .75 cents 
(either add to top of chicken once baked
or to the inside with the cream cheese)
mashed potatoes- .50 cents
Cream of chicken soup- .50 cents
4 corn on the cob 
each cut in half- .40 cents

Total cost- $8.13
serves 10 or 
2 meals for 4 and 2 lunches.
@ .81 cents a serving.

I'll put any extras into
a casserole dish and freeze
for another meal.

---------------------------------

After bit I'm going to go
to Meijers with mom while
she does her grocery shopping.

I plan to get the Oscar Mayer
hot dogs that will cost
me .15 cents a package
with my coupons.
They are regular $2.19 without sale.
So with coupon and sale
I'll be saving $2.04 on each package!!

And while there I might browse
the garden section to see what
I can find.  I get a 10% discount
on non-food items.

I really need to get back into
doing more couponing. 
I've been snatching a bunch
of coupons from grocery stores
and convenience stores
when I see them.

----------------------------------

Still looking for a small car
good on gas.
This is like finding a needle
in a haystack!!


I found another site that
shows vehicle's mpg.
People write in to let others
know how many mpg's they
are getting out of their vehicles.
You can search any vehicle.


It's called Fuelly.


Top 10 Cars on Fuelly


-----------------------------------------------

1:00pm

Back from Meijer.

TOTAL BEFORE COUPONS/SALE-  $18.74
I PAID $2.02
A savings of $16.72

This is what I got-



2 bags Andy Capp's cheddar fries-
I paid $1.00 for 2 bags
reg. .99 cents each
saved $1.00 on both.


2 Carefree panty liners 20 count-
.09 cents each with coupons
reg. $1.09 each
I saved $1.00 each
I don't really use panty liners
because they are no bigger than
a band-aid, lol.  But I have pads
that don't have wings that I got
cheap with coupons so I 
take two panty liners and make
the wings on each side of the
regular sized pad.
And oh by the way, the panty liners
do make great pads to put
on cuts and scrapes with a 
little first aid tape!
Hey if it was free or close
to free, why not find ways
to use them!


1 Bag of Halls cough drops-
I paid free + .06 cents
reg. $1.44 - $1.50 coupon
made it free with .06 cents overage.
(my receipt showed my .75 cent coupon
did not double so I questioned
the cashier about it and she
gave me the other .75 cents is how I came
out .06 cents ahead.) 


6 packages Oscar Mayer hot dogs-
I paid .90 cents for all 6!!
reg $2.19 x's 6 is $13.14!!
I saved $12.24 with coupons!!


-------------------------------------


4:30pm

Got 2 dishes of bacon wrapped
chicken made.
I ended up making 10 wraps total
instead of the 8 I thought.
So I recalculated the figures from earlier.

Going into oven-
And one for the freezer-

I'll add shredded mozarella cheese
to the tops once I remove them
from the oven.
I have mashed potatoes as a side
with a can of cream of chicken
soup for gravy.


----------------------------------------


4:30-5:00pm


Got all my tomato plants planted.
The first six are Early Girls.
And the second six are Sweet 100's.


------------------------------------





No comments:

Post a Comment