Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

5-24-11

9:50am

Last night's storms looked pretty
eerie when approaching.
Clouds had a purplish-pink hue to them.

--------------------------------------

10:00am

I've got 2 packages of
pork chops marinating.


One is in a mixture of honey mustard,
honey, soy sauce and Mrs. Dash seasoning.


The other is in Bob Evan's 
Wild Fire bbq sauce.


I'm thinking about putting
them on the grill this evening
depending upon the weather.
If it turns rainy then I can either
put them on the George Foreman grill
or in the oven.


Got some potatoes boiling
for some potato salad to
go with the chops.
I diced up the potatoes into
small cubes so it would cook
faster.  I also threw 4 eggs
in with them to hard boil them.
Once done will put into fridge
to chill until ready to make
the salad this evening.
(made at 4:30pm)


Will also serve with a side
of baked beans.


Once everything is boiled
and put into fridge then I am
heading back to bed.
Didn't sleep well last night.
Maybe slept 4 hours on and off.
Still feel crappy with
coughing and pressure in my head
from sinuses.
Been taking Thera-Flu for congestion.
But I've only been taking it for 2 days now.
Seeing some improvement but now
have a scratchy throat.
Will be so glad when this crap
has run its course!!
It's been going on 7 days now.


--------------------------------


11:00am

Waiting for potatoes to boil.


I saw this video, well it's mostly
just the sound, on the news last night.
It's of the Joplin, Missouri's  tornado.
These people gathered in a
convenient store's cooler
to take cover.
It'll give you goosebumps
trying to imagine what these
people went through!!






--------------------------------------------

5:30-7:00pm

We grilled out this evening
and had a little picnic type meal
outside under the carport.



 I was saying during our meal
that we needed a picnic table.
I then thought about the old
wooden dining room table
that we had that we could
use for a picnic table
and put our lawn chairs around.
May have to saw down the 
base/legs a bit to get it to be
lawn chair height.
Hey, why buy new when you can
use something you already have
and give it another use!
If need be I could either spray 
paint it or use outdoor house 
paint to make it waterproof.


------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment