Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

5-19-11

9:25am

My butt is so dragging at the moment.
Still feel crappy!!
Body aches, both hips hurt,
head's floating away
and still talking like Kermit the Frog.

Crappy or not I still managed to
get back over to Kroger this
morning with mom.

And I have managed to get
a yard sale list going for tomorrow.
I have about 2 weeks left before the
kids are out of school for the Summer.
I'm trying my best to find Christmas
presents at these sales for them
while they are in school.
So sick or not I am still 
trying to get around.

I've noticed that for the past
6 days now that the Krogers in
my area haven't really been stocking
shelves.  Lots of bare spots on the
shelves where they have sold out of
stuff since last week.  I have returned 3 times now
in hopes that they have restocked
and they have not.  
It's like their trucks haven't
come in.
I still managed to find the Oscar Mayer
bologna.  I got 8 more packages
for a total of 12.
Reg. $3.19 each x's 12 is $38.28.
I got them ALL FREE!!
With sales and coupons of course.

I just got back home and got
my groceries put away and
some cube steaks put in the crock
with a can of cream of chicken soup
mixed with some soy sauce and
a little water.  Once done I'll 
mix the soup with some rice.
I love my crock pot.  Just throw
stuff in and let it do the work for you
especially when not feeling well
and not wanting to stand at the stove
cooking.

While at Kroger I picked up 
some ham slices, country gravy mix,
sausage and grands biscuits to make
some freezer breakfasts.

Ham Cups

ham- .59 cents
box of cheesy hash browns from
betty crocker- .50 cents
6 eggs scrambled- .48 cents

TOTAL COST- $1.57
not sure how many it will make
until I make them.

I could also do bologna cups
instead of ham cups for around $1.00 to make.

----------------------------------------

Pocket Biscuits

1 can grands biscuits- $1.00
1 can reg. biscuits- .50 cents
sausage gravy mix- $1.19
6 eggs scrambled- .48 cents
2-3 potatoes boiled and cubed- .36 cents

Total cost for about 14-18
pocket breakfast biscuits
with sausage, egg, gravy & potatoes-
 $3.53

2 Hot Pockets cost around $2.19 on sale! 
Or Speedway sells one breakfast filled
biscuit for .99 cents!

I also want to make
up some homemade Belgian Waffles
for the freezer.  Just put in toaster
to heat.
Cake mix .50 cents
4 eggs- .32 cents
1.5 cups milk- .21 cents

Total cost- $1.03
Not sure how many it makes
til I make them.
A box of 10 waffles at the store
run $2 - $3!
So much cheaper to make at home!!

-------------------------------

10:50am


Got another bread going in the 
bread machine.  This is something I
just made up.
It is a Hawaiian bread.
No instructions to this recipe
of mine because if it turns 
out I would like to enter
it into a recipe contest.
Another one of my, set it and forget it,
kitchen appliances I love, lol,
especially when not feeling too well!


--------------------------------

11:20am

Going to go lay down as I have lost
any energy that I had.

I took some ibuprofen due to aches
and I felt as though I was getting warm.
Took my temp and it is around
101 degrees, I think, as these 
digital thermometers suck
when taking readings.
Wish I could find my regular glass
thermometer!
Anyway I'm heading back to bed.
Need to get some rest and feel
better for yard sale day tomorrow!
Night night!


Here's a poem for ya to read-


WHEN MOM IS SICK


------------------------------------


8:10pm


After my nap I felt a little better.
Not 100%, but better.


I managed to work on some
freezer breakfasts.
I got about 6 bologna
and 9 ham cups made.
They each had hash browns,
scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese in them.



I then made a mixture of 
sausage gravy, cubed potatoes,
scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese & sausage.
I snipped open one side of
a grands biscuit then filled
it with the breakfast mix.
It kind of looked like a breakfast taco.
The remaining sausage & potato mixture
was scooped by teaspoonfuls and 
put on top of regular sized biscuits.
They were too small to fill like
the grands biscuits.
They're almost like mini
breakfast pizzas.
Well I got all this made, supper served,
and Tony's lunch packed for tomorrow.
Tony got the backyard mowed.

It's only 8:20 but I think
I'm going to head to bed and watch
some tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment